Budget lighting

lstmysock11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for lighting for a reef tank I am planing on building. Will be a SCA 50 PNP tank. Looking to keep my price at max 300 for the light. Going to have Zoas Corals.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions of the tank? Are you looking at led or?

Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It turns out that are quite a few of us running these lights!

Galiant50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
, So something like this? Best way to mount it and best distance from the tank? Would prefer not to have to hang it from the ceiling.

What does your current stand look like? I DIY'd a stand by building the frame and then putting shiplap around the frame. I plan on making a 24" high canopy with the same design and hanging the lights inside the canopy.

If that's not an option, there's often brackets you can buy to place on the rim of your tank if your tank is rimmed.

OP
OP
L

lstmysock11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does your current stand look like? I DIY'd a stand by building the frame and then putting shiplap around the frame. I plan on making a 24" high canopy with the same design and hanging the lights inside the canopy.

If that's not an option, there's often brackets you can buy to place on the rim of your tank if your tank is rimmed.
http://www.scaquariums.com/product-p/sca-50gpnpb.htm, Would be this the matt black cabinet. Well when I do order this system.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back