Not open for further replies.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so here’s what we have installed so far:

Controller : Profilux P4 (Purchased Ultimate Set) — So far I love the controller. Extremely well made. A little difficult to wrap your arms around using it. Not the most intuitive, but if you spend the time to learn, you’ll get there. @Vinny@GHLUSA @Matthias Gross

Lights : Four AI Hydra 32’s (If there are any of you out there that use these and have lighting schedules that you’re happy with, please share!)

In Tank Flow : Two VorTech MP40’s

Heaters : Two Cobalt NeoTherm 300w — One thing I wasn’t expecting with these is that there are actually FOUR of these “paddles” that need to go into the tank.So, one set has two “paddles”... One with temp control and one that just helps heat tank. Something to keep in mind.

Skimmer : Skimz SM167 — We aren’t using it yet, can’t comment much except it was super easy to put together and seems very well made. Will update down the line once we start using.

Reactor : Decided to go with the Nyos. Well made, easy to use and you can use two different kinds of media in it. Haven’t started using it yet, so will update we we get into it.

Return Pump : Reef Octopus VarioS-8 — Using it on the lowest setting currently. This thing is a beast!

Refugium : Went with @AlgaeBarn ultimate refugium pack and will be using the @Kessil H80 to light up the chaeto (to be added once tank is cycled and up and running).

That’s it for now! So far, so good! :)
Hi Esther! Saw your build thread and congrats! You asked about lighting schedules for the Hydras. I currently am running mine at 65% UVs, 68% Blues, 3% Reds & Greens and 5% whites. I am getting good growth and polyp extension on my mixed reef.

IMG_20200324_1751315.jpg

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So.... We received new fish! We added three Borbonias Anthia's and a pair a Hawaiian Flame Wrasse's to our tank. So excited. I've been slacking on the photos, so I'll try and take some and add today. :)
Jealous! Those are all on my top fish list!

damaneice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Esther, I am looking to setting up a 120 gallon in the future. I am trying to figure out a plan to handle power outages. What do you typically do if you encounter an outage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.4%
Back