Build Options for an Effective Refugium

MoHey16

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2019
Messages
204
Reaction score
263
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, Monique here ! I would love to get everyone's thoughts/opinions on what would be the best option for a refugium in my Reefer 750. I've added photos below for you all to see, there is a Skimmer, UV Sterilizer, and Phosphate Reactor. After my last water test, for the first time ever, my nitrates were 71 (API Spin Test). I usually sit between 20-30 and Phosphate is always 0.1. The options I'm looking at right now are to: Option A convert the area where the gorgonians are to a simple refugium with chaeto and only add a pump to keep it spinning/moving. Option B convert the 7gal ATO Box to a refugium (scarier option). Option C adding a Chaeto Reactor or Option D adding a Algae Scrubber.

Feeding habits (might influence decision)
4 feedings each day: (morning) Scoop of Can O' Cyclops, (noon) PE Mysis and Seaweed Extreme pellets, (mid-afternoon) Frozen Mysis, (evening) Reef Frenzy
Adding half-sheets of green seaweed daily (Max 5)

Happy to answer any other questions you may have, 27 fish in my 160gal display.
IG: @My_Saltwater_Chronicles

20210424_134516.jpg 20210424_134505.jpg 20210420_150040.jpg
 
I would just put the gorgonians in the display and put some macroalgae under a proper light in that chamber.
 
Perfect, thank you so much!! I think that's easiest and most cost effective too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new