linkzter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I recently got a 50 gallon innovative marine. I have filled it with salt water and put a heater and some bio-media in the tank is there anything else I would need to start the tank! I’m missing a wave maker and light which I will be getting soon. Also missing a skimmer.

As for cycling the tank how should I go about it? I only have micro bacteria 7 in my house I’m open to buying other things I would be missing.

First time starting from scratch hope I can find useful information

image.jpg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it needs rock, the rock provides the biofilter on a saltwater tank. It also provides hiding spaces for fish, without anything in the tank to hide in, the fish will be stressed. Rock also provides breeding ground for micro organisms that help make your tank healthier and more biodiverse. A 50 gallon tank should have about 40-50 lbs of rock IMO. Something to consider, since its not mentioned in your post.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

linkzter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it needs rock, the rock provides the biofilter on a saltwater tank. It also provides hiding spaces for fish, without anything in the tank to hide in, the fish will be stressed. Rock also provides breeding ground for micro organisms that help make your tank healthier and more biodiverse. A 50 gallon tank should have about 40-50 lbs of rock IMO. Something to consider, since its not mentioned in your post.
Thank you I will buy rock asap when I get my lights set up

Upvote 0

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 45 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back