Bulk heads and Bean Animal?

Jaengle

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2019
Messages
62
Reaction score
29
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a used tank I am setting up, ordering bulk heads and pvc tonight.. Hopefully.

2 questions

1. I have 4 holes, bottom drilled, 2 at 2.25 inches and 2 at 1.5" (see picture, which is a view from under the tank). What style drain/overflow should I use? Bean etc? Going straight into sump in the stand under the tank.

2. Which bulkheads do you thing work the best, threaded both ways, slips or mixed??

Thank you in advance...
20190327_115654.jpeg
 
I’d be concerned with the diameter of the bulkhead and having clearance to turn and tighten the fittings in place. Don’t ask how I learned this lesson.

I like threads on both ends, but whatever floats your boat and hold water is good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new