Bulk Reef Supply is Incredible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS is an unbelievable resource.. I had a two part shipment somehow end up being delivered 8 states away, and I let them know about it, and they sent a replacement next-day air. An absolutely satisfied customer!

This is awesome, THANKS!! I'm so glad our team was able to get you taken care of! :)

I'll be sure to share this with the CS team!

-Randy

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came back to the Reefing World after 10 years and though I tried several suppliers BRS is the first place I check when I am looking for something. While BRS sometimes looses out because of price (I recently purchased a Coralife 9w 3X Turbo Twist UV Sterilizer from another supplier for $90.00 even) I did purchase the pump and ROX .8 from them.

Excellent customer service and they ship quickly.

jimmyzhou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same as my last shipment lolz came too ny. But don't know why ship too ca agian lolz. Good thin is I'm not in rush Soo I just wait a other weeks. Always good too have some stuff back up plan!!!! Brs is the best love it. Order everything form them they doing great jobs !

Mohammad D. ALMUTAIRI

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OH! the love they give to reefers in America and hold on into when it comes to us overseas!! LOL

for me their Video collecting and their work, just made me both fall in love with reefing and learn a lot I mean A LOT in short time, as it was simple, easy and straight forward.

wish all the vendors/companies would take the same road BRS on.

morpheas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like BRS too but since we have Randy around (and i hope he doesn't mind my constructive criticism) i would say that there are two reasons i will go to a competitor: 1) salifert test kit pricing is about 10% cheaper at the competitor and since i buy a few at a time it adds up and 2) the free shipping with UPS is excruciatingly slow (lucky if it arrives at the 7 day mark). Said competitor offering free shipping it's max 5 days (USPS) but a lot of times they actually update it to priority free which is 2-3 days.

I hope i don't sound like a negative Nelly since i really like BRS (more so since i found out that Ryan is married to a Greek and I'm a Greek myself haha) but i thought I'd just mention these two things. Maybe you guys can look into UPS and their SurePost c*** (FEDEX is the same and sometimes worst with their SmartPost btw) and come to some sort of an arrangement (or not i guess it's free so who cares).

On the other hand, i have to say that their CS is undeniably the best, period. Same competitor mentioned before, i bought a red sea algae control multi test kit and it arrived mangled and mixed. One reagent was almost empty and it had soiled the box, color wheel, cards etc. I contacted their CS and i still haven't heard back to this day (maybe it slipped their attention who knows i don't want to be unfair I'm just stating my experience). I just let it go. On the other hand i ordered some brightwell pemixed two part from BRS and when they arrived the calcium had busted and leaked half out. I contacted the BRS CS team and they shipped a replacement next day air no questions asked, didn't even ask for a picture proof.

I hope this long blabber leaves you with "BRS rocks, maybe their free shipping is a little slow but hey it's free and don't forget BRS rocks!" haha

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like BRS too but since we have Randy around (and i hope he doesn't mind my constructive criticism) i would say that there are two reasons i will go to a competitor: 1) salifert test kit pricing is about 10% cheaper at the competitor and since i buy a few at a time it adds up and 2) the free shipping with UPS is excruciatingly slow (lucky if it arrives at the 7 day mark). Said competitor offering free shipping it's max 5 days (USPS) but a lot of times they actually update it to priority free which is 2-3 days.

I hope i don't sound like a negative Nelly since i really like BRS (more so since i found out that Ryan is married to a Greek and I'm a Greek myself haha) but i thought I'd just mention these two things. Maybe you guys can look into UPS and their SurePost c*** (FEDEX is the same and sometimes worst with their SmartPost btw) and come to some sort of an arrangement (or not i guess it's free so who cares).

On the other hand, i have to say that their CS is undeniably the best, period. Same competitor mentioned before, i bought a red sea algae control multi test kit and it arrived mangled and mixed. One reagent was almost empty and it had soiled the box, color wheel, cards etc. I contacted their CS and i still haven't heard back to this day (maybe it slipped their attention who knows i don't want to be unfair I'm just stating my experience). I just let it go. On the other hand i ordered some brightwell pemixed two part from BRS and when they arrived the calcium had busted and leaked half out. I contacted the BRS CS team and they shipped a replacement next day air no questions asked, didn't even ask for a picture proof.

I hope this long blabber leaves you with "BRS rocks, maybe their free shipping is a little slow but hey it's free and don't forget BRS rocks!" haha

Not to worry at all, we absolutely encourage any type of feedback and thank you for sharing yours! :) Actually, we have recently been working on improving our shipping methods and actively exploring our options to help bring you faster and more accurate delivery. We're still talking some things over, but I think improvement is on the near horizon! ;)

As far as the Salifert pricing, I'm sending through a ticket to have a look at it. Thanks for bringing that to my attention! :)

Thanks again,

-Randy

morpheas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to worry at all, we absolutely encourage any type of feedback and thank you for sharing yours! :) Actually, we have recently been working on improving our shipping methods and actively exploring our options to help bring you faster and more accurate delivery. We're still talking some things over, but I think improvement is on the near horizon! ;)

As far as the Salifert pricing, I'm sending through a ticket to have a look at it. Thanks for bringing that to my attention! :)

Thanks again,

-Randy
And that's why you guys are number one! You're always involved with the community and listen to it. Get feedback improve and thrive. Thank you Randy for reverting back!

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While Marine depot does have their shipments packed by elves at night, BRS got me with preferred reefer first and better videos.

My biggest complaint is they don't stock aquamaxx products and skimmers.

Their sales and preferred reefer program keeps me ordering.

Agree on slow shipping but stuff arrives in good shape (so far).

I hope they never discontinue their dosing pumps and 2 part supplies as those things are essential to have available. Big fan of their plumbing supplies. RO systems etc.

Then I end up buying all my apex gear, pumps etc. From them to..

sneub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy a lot of stuff from them, I ordered and received a bucket of salt that was cracked and some salt spilled into the box that it was shipped in, BRS refunded 50% of the salt cost even though I only lost approximately 10% of the salt!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back