Bulkhead For RO Tubing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sundog101
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sundog101

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2014
Messages
994
Reaction score
651
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm needing to find a bulkhead or seal of some kind that could be used for RO or airline tubing. I found these John Guest bulkheads... but it doesn't look like there's an O-ring on the flange side. It needs to be submerged.

Amazon product ASIN B003YKF1SY
Does anyone know of any other ways to have it sealed? I was also looking at a cable gland, but I'm not sure if that would work or not. Thank you!
 
Its Amazon...super easy to return in case it does not have an o-ring. Listings like these are very deceiving, whether its the image, description, or lack of...
 
I'm needing to find a bulkhead or seal of some kind that could be used for RO or airline tubing. I found these John Guest bulkheads... but it doesn't look like there's an O-ring on the flange side. It needs to be submerged.

Amazon product ASIN B003YKF1SY
Does anyone know of any other ways to have it sealed? I was also looking at a cable gland, but I'm not sure if that would work or not. Thank you!

Its Amazon...super easy to return in case it does not have an o-ring. Listings like these are very deceiving, whether its the image, description, or lack of...

I have purchased these before and they definately do not come with o-rings. You could purchase a gasket sheet from Mernards and probably make a nice seal for one though. You could also purchase a 1/2" bulkhead and a 1/2" to 1/4" threaded adapter to screw a threaded to 1/4" RO adapter into.
 
@sundog there's your confirmation. Try McMaster-carr they'll most likely have something if you don't want to make your own gaskets.
 
I have purchased these before and they definately do not come with o-rings. You could purchase a gasket sheet from Mernards and probably make a nice seal for one though. You could also purchase a 1/2" bulkhead and a 1/2" to 1/4" threaded adapter to screw a threaded to 1/4" RO adapter into.
Hey, do you have links to these parts or pictures?? Was trying to have an extra RO reservoir line go into my ATO. The storage bin will be place on a metal racking and it’s 27 gallon extra. It will be gravity fed to my 10 gallon ATO with a float valve. The 10 gallon has a tunze ATO.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6287.jpeg
    IMG_6287.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 17

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new