Bulkhead issue

Rmorales13

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2012
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Location
Bluff City, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I purchased a new 80g deep blue from craigslist with sch80 bulkheads that were never put on, but they are too big. It has a 1" drain and 3/4" return, the stock ones fit fine but I've read are trash, as did the guy I bought it from, hence why he purchased the new ones. Both holes are around .10 inches off...so my question is can I enlarge the holes in any way? Or, would I be better off purchasing the ABS ones from BRS which require a smaller drilled hole, as I really don't wanna use the deep blue ones, one of the gaskets just ripped apart as I was playing with it earlier haha. Thanks in advance, Rudy. :)
 
I would not enlarge the holes and just buy the regular, non-schedule 80 bulkheads.
 
No problem, just double check your hole sizes match up with the BRS ones. I believe a 1" bulkhead will work with a 1 3/4" hole and a 3/4" bulkhead will fit into a 1 5/8" hole. There's also a bit of play in the hole size depending on the brand of bulkhead.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new