Bulkhead Seal? Something to stop the bulkhead?

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2020
Messages
2,070
Reaction score
1,918
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've got a tub, and it has two drains; a really nice large drain, and a smaller drain. I'd like to plug the smaller drain. Are there sealed bulkheads? Like, ones that are capped? And will seal the holes?
 
You can buy a threaded bulkhead and use a plug.
Be aware that if you buy a certain size bulkhead, the hole required is a couple sizes larger.
Example, dont buy a 3/4" bulkhead for a 3/4" hole :)
 
So I've got a tub, and it has two drains; a really nice large drain, and a smaller drain. I'd like to plug the smaller drain. Are there sealed bulkheads? Like, ones that are capped? And will seal the holes?
I have used normal slip for bulkheads and got a slip plug for it and used silicone to glue it in so it seals yet is not permanent
 
You can buy a threaded bulkhead and use a plug.
Be aware that if you buy a certain size bulkhead, the hole required is a couple sizes larger.
Example, dont buy a 3/4" bulkhead for a 3/4" hole :)
Ok, so a bulkhead plug! Can I just buy the plug, or do I have to buy it with the bulkhead? There's already a bulkhead installed, so can I just buy the plug?

Do I cap it from the water end or the dry end?
 
if the tub is not flat you wil need to use a uniseal not a bulkhead
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new