Bullying hermit crab . . . he's in a timeout. . .

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScoobyJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ScoobyJ

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2019
Messages
158
Reaction score
161
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this one hermit crab that is just bullying all the other hermits and was caught eating a snail. He's one of my original clean-up crew members so he's twice the size of some of the other hermit mates.

I saw him grabbing a smaller hermit and carried him away, shell and all.

So I stuck him in a timeout...... Any ideas of what I should do with him?

Kids want me to keep him. Do I really set up a bowl just for the hermit? (Now known as Spike)

What do you do with misbehaving inverts?

20200113_183209.jpg
 
I have one of those too, he's usually caught stealing food from my LPS. I frequently have him take time out in the overflow. My 4 year old will scream "You're going to jail!"
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new