Bump on tuxedo urchin?

JenniferMcK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me what this is on the urchin I ordered? It was smaller when I recieved it but has gotten larger within the last 5 days I've had him. I have a 14 day guarantee from the website I ordered from so I am wanting to know if this little guy is gonna make it or if I should let the company know so I can get a credit for him. Been feeding him extra seaweed to make sure he's full. Anything else I can do to help the little guy?

received_2219094988390628.jpeg

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me what this is on the urchin I ordered? It was smaller when I recieved it but has gotten larger within the last 5 days I've had him. I have a 14 day guarantee from the website I ordered from so I am wanting to know if this little guy is gonna make it or if I should let the company know so I can get a credit for him. Been feeding him extra seaweed to make sure he's full. Anything else I can do to help the little guy?

received_2219094988390628.jpeg
Um do you have a qt tank isolation may be ideal until someone knows what that is.

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're saying the bump has gotten larger? Have you tried to see if you can dislodge it? Tuxedo urchins often stick things to themselves. It could be some algae or something.

OP
OP
JenniferMcK

JenniferMcK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're saying the bump has gotten larger? Have you tried to see if you can dislodge it? Tuxedo urchins often stick things to themselves. It could be some algae or something.
No it isnt anything stuck to it. It's part of the urchin

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back