Bumps on toadstool

seth16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a green toadstool into my tank yesterday looking, since it wasn't attached to a rock or frag plate I wedged its stalk in a hole in the rock, it had fallen onto the substrate a few times before I made an adjustment and after the last time I recovered it from the sand I noticed it had little white and tan bumps on it that aren't its polyps. Does anyone know what going on with it?
bb0b87c76f512508828e6bceba67b0fe.jpg

OP
OP
seth16

seth16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not quite sure maybe a pest was eating it up....that's a lot of gha
Ya anything I put in there to eat it doesn't completely scrape it up and always leaves a film that regrows, I've just had my water parameters tested at my lfs and everything was good. I just want to make sure that the toadstool isn't going to die.

Oohkris123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should get a sea hare or a tang for the gha...check on it at night when the lights are off too see if anything is on it..... toadstools are real tuff corals not easy to die/kill so im sure itll live

OP
OP
seth16

seth16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should get a sea hare or a tang for the gha...check on it at night when the lights are off too see if anything is on it..... toadstools are real tuff corals not easy to die/kill so im sure itll live
I've been waiting for my lfs to get in a sea hair, the only problem is my tank is only 30g so I don't think a tang would be happy unless it was a baby and I sold him or gave it back to the fish store when he gets too big. The toadstool was completely fine when I added it but had fallen over top down onto the substrate a few times and after picking it up the last time is when the bumps developed and now he looks like he was bitten by a swarm of mosquitoes.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back