Burnt tips. Clip? Or leave em?

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short, I accidentally doubled my kalk dose in my ATO a couple weeks ago. Didn't realize until I got back to test that Alk went from 8-9 in a day. Changed out my ATO water and let it drop back to 8 before I started mixing it in again.
I thought I caught it quick enough to have no I'll effects, but last week some tip burn started to show up on my PC rainbow. There are still polyps in the tips, but the flesh is gone. Bottom 6 tips shown in pic here.
16136852789507917595266861130583.jpg

I was gonna just let it go, but some brown algae is starting to show up on some of the sections that are missing flesh.

Clip em? Or let it ride?

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clip em! Try to reduce the algae growth, plus it'll always be there and everytime ya see it, you'll wanna get it out!!!!

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once they are going strong again, they can heal over a burnt tip in a few days or a week - it can take a year to grow around a dead tip that is left. I would clip them.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

• I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

• I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Back