bury the gsp??

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all,
So been reefing a LONG time (1998). so i know allll about gsp dangers. but i was having some trouble with this tank (dino) and want something in there. had GSP separated on the sandbed. got a little occupied with camping and laxed in the tank. i looked and sure as crap the gsp grabbed onto the base of the main stack. immediately cut it back however o looked a couple days later and boom gsp still sticking out around 1"x1/2" oval. went in and carefully scraped what i could off but i know i didnt get it all. so my immediate impulse was to bury the crap out of it with sand.
has anyone tried this? will this work? or should i jist suck it up and throw a blob of epoxy on there?

AmaleeC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all,
So been reefing a LONG time (1998). so i know allll about gsp dangers. but i was having some trouble with this tank (dino) and want something in there. had GSP separated on the sandbed. got a little occupied with camping and laxed in the tank. i looked and sure as **** the gsp grabbed onto the base of the main stack. immediately cut it back however o looked a couple days later and boom gsp still sticking out around 1"x1/2" oval. went in and carefully scraped what i could off but i know i didnt get it all. so my immediate impulse was to bury the crap out of it with sand.
has anyone tried this? will this work? or should i jist suck it up and throw a blob of epoxy on there?
Hi! I’m a bit inexperienced in reefing. But just a thought, wouldn’t killing it by burying it add some ammonia to the tank? I think epoxy may be your best bet.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 3 6.8%
Back