• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Buyer Beware - Bransreeftv / saltysands1o1

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

cheepono17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid for a CADLights PLS skimmer on Monday 11/26/18 via Venmo since the seller, whose original username was Bransreeftv, claimed he did not have Paypal. This was already a red flag to me, but I took a chance on the human race for a $100 skimmer.

After several messages promising shipping and 4 days later, the item has still not shipped. It is also still listed on the selling forum as he claims he has two. In his last message sent yesterday afternoon, he offered to refund me and I agreed. As of today, I have not received a refund, but he is still actively posting on R2R and seemingly ignoring my PMs. Coincidentally, he has changed his username from Bransreeftv (which also appears to be his youtube channel name) to saltysands1o1.

I have always had good experiences purchasing equipment from other users on R2R and it is unfortunate that I have to share this.

Bransreeftv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your refund was processed at 7:39 pm today!! What are you talking about?? Check your Venmo dude!!!

Last edited:

Bransreeftv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for blasting me on R2R for NOTHING! Check your Venmo!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bransreeftv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your bank account buddy! It says you've transferred it there already! What a nightmare

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminder;
This is a buyer/seller feedback thread. Outside comments are not permitted. You may post a link to your own feedback thread in regards to the same user only. This is to allow uninterrupted contact between the buyer and seller to come to a resolution.
Thanks,
Crabs

Bransreeftv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This whole situation is an embarrassment to all involved. I will not participate in this spectacle any further. The buyer knows he was refunded. End of story.

OP
OP
C

cheepono17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my screenshot. I'll wait for yours.

IMG_1619.JPG.png

OP
OP
C

cheepono17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew what I was getting into by sending the initial payment via Venmo. I gave it a shot and I'm willing to take the hit if it means helping others use this site and forum for what it was intended for.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Updated screenshot. Venmo username changed.

IMG_1624.JPG

I have been in touch with this seller and would you please make another request for a refund from Venmo and they said they would refund.

OP
OP
C

cheepono17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Revhtree, thanks for assisting. Screenshot below of refund request pending.

5728636E-8F0E-41D5-9A5C-5E617641999C.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Bransreeftv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes he did receive his refund yesterday. He has refused to post evidence of his refund as to continue desicrating my reputation.

OP
OP
C

cheepono17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree it is currently pending as a transaction in my Venmo account.

What bransreeftv isn’t revealing to everyone is how Venmo works. A quick google search will reveal multiple examples of how Venmo users believe money was received, only to get a chargeback when the money is found to be unavailable in the sender’s bank account.

On the app, everything will appear fine. I will wait for the transaction to clear as it was sent over the weekend and of course, bank’s will not process any payments until tomorrow.

I also find it interesting that bransreeftv does not want to post any screenshots.

OP
OP
C

cheepono17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updating the thread that the refund did process successfully. I've attached an excerpt from my chat with Venmo in case anyone is interested in the process.

Chat Log 2018-12-3.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back