BW anemone lost in the rocks and won't come out

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a BWA that split and while relocating them 1 of them blew out of my hand and went into the rocks. It's been over a week now and I can find it and it won't come out. My 2 RBTA and the other split BWA are out and fully open everyday so I'm puzzle why this one won't. How much longer before I can assume it's a goner? It's pretty small (1-1.5") so I'm not too concern about it nuking the tank.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a BWA that split and while relocating them 1 of them blew out of my hand and went into the rocks. It's been over a week now and I can find it and it won't come out. My 2 RBTA and the other split BWA are out and fully open everyday so I'm puzzle why this one won't. How much longer before I can assume it's a goner? It's pretty small (1-1.5") so I'm not too concern about it nuking the tank.
Just leave it be. I've had nems stay inside rocks for weeks or longer. It will move if/when it's ready.

OP
OP
A

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just leave it be. I've had nems stay inside rocks for weeks or longer. It will move if/when it's ready.
I just thought to look in my overflow and noticed something fleshy at the bottom of my drain standpipe. I'm really hoping it didn't get chopped up by my powerheads and is down there. Will try and see if I have anything long enough to reach down to check.

OP
OP
A

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still no sign of it. Can I assume at this point it's a goner?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back