Large tank anemone removal

Aries360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I’ve watched a couple different videos and how top’s but cannot seem to find something relevant to my usage. Anyone remove rose bubbles that have split. I don’t care about killing them and I used to trade them for store credit. And no I can not remove the rock. They are splitting out of control. I was thinking of a wet dry vac to suck them out. I will leave a couple in, but they are killing my surrounding coral. I also do need the (you know this would happen folks or other negative comments) just ideas please. I’ve tried aiming power heads but then they just move. I’ve read people just cutting as close to the foot but then I’ve read horror stories about nuking tanks. Thank you everyone . Best thought so far wet dry vacuum to yank them off. 360 gallon tank

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I’ve watched a couple different videos and how top’s but cannot seem to find something relevant to my usage. Anyone remove rose bubbles that have split. I don’t care about killing them and I used to trade them for store credit. And no I can not remove the rock. They are splitting out of control. I was thinking of a wet dry vac to suck them out. I will leave a couple in, but they are killing my surrounding coral. I also do need the (you know this would happen folks or other negative comments) just ideas please. I’ve tried aiming power heads but then they just move. I’ve read people just cutting as close to the foot but then I’ve read horror stories about nuking tanks. Thank you everyone . Best thought so far wet dry vacuum to yank them off. 360 gallon tank
Can you take the rock out of the tank temporarily. Like for a day or two, Place it in a tub or some such, then if you do get a Nem Nuke, it doesn't affect your tank. After it's in the tub try the wet vac, if that works problem solved, if not and you have to clip them off at the foot, at least the toxins from the Nems won't circulate in your main system.

If temp removal is not possible, try the wet vac, let us know how it works.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 73 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back