By now all the Vectra Pumps are out. How do you like them, so far?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love mine, silent as the come and love that i never have to worry about it. my only 2 gripes are the inability to make use of the feed mode cause i run an Apex and secondly, wheres the cable for the battery backup? the regular ones for the pumps don't work, they barely trickle water out. any insight on this ecotech?

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tested the temp of the water in the area where the pump is submerged? I run an external pump and worry about any temp change that might result from going from external to internal configuration.

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tested the temp of the water in the area where the pump is submerged? I run an external pump and worry about any temp change that might result from going from external to internal configuration.

Haven't yet, but an interesting test to run. I've got an M1 not in use just yet that I could do this for. I'm guessing it's not much transfer at all. Hmm...

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't yet, but an interesting test to run. I've got an M1 not in use just yet that I could do this for. I'm guessing it's not much transfer at all. Hmm...
If you decide to use it then please test the water in the chamber with previous pump running and then again with new M1. I hope it doesn't make any difference. :)

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEY...YOU...with the Vectra Return Pump...!?!

Say something about it already!! [emoji6]

Randy
EcoTech Product Test Team

Tom Blevins

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
ordered my L-1 the first week they came out hooked it up as a closed loop on our 300, well had some issues with
the programming and the pump did not want to run higher than low setting, called Ecotech they sent out a new brain box & switched it out and all is great now the pump is dead quite, nice customer service AAA+!

Thanks
Tom

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I bought one of the larger ones to feed a new skimmer, and i love the thing so far. Been running since thursday. very cool pump!

spsaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice if the output fitting actually fit 1' pipe. Was about to hook mine up the other day and I couldn't even jam it in the given fitting. Contacted my local store who then contacted ecotech who told them that they have a fitting kit that will fix that problem but it costs $7. You would think ecotech would supply this no charge given the high price of the pump. Pretty lame IMO. I'm actually surprised no one has said anything about this issue.

Tom Blevins

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine worked with the 1" pvc pipe from Lowes but the fix is actually a 1-1/4" female adapter to run 1-1/4 pipe with English threads, the normal USA version adapter will not work or it might but risk damaging the pump housing by forcing.

1-1/4 output should be the normal fitting to come with unit in my opinion too at n/c.

Aqua Dynamics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine worked with the 1" pvc pipe from Lowes but the fix is actually a 1-1/4" female adapter to run 1-1/4 pipe with English threads, the normal USA version adapter will not work or it might but risk damaging the pump housing by forcing.

1-1/4 output should be the normal fitting to come with unit in my opinion too at n/c.
My L1 worked with 1" just fine too. It would be nice if had alittle more bite. The directions say use abs for some reason. What did you use to weld the pvc? I used transition cement as customer service could not clarify.

Tom Blevins

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My L1 worked with 1" just fine too. It would be nice if had alittle more bite. The directions say use abs for some reason. What did you use to weld the pvc? I used transition cement as customer service could not clarify.
I know they said to use ABS glue but I used Red Hot Blue glue for the supplied 1" fitting and it held fine but installed the larger fitting a couple days later to maximize flow .

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two L1's running my two closed loop systems on my 360g tank for a little over a month now. I switched from two Dolphin Amp Master 4750's mainly for the controllability of the pump. I run two closed loops thru two Ocean Motion 4 ways. I absolutely love how quiet they are and the controllability of them. I haven't been able to truly assess the cost savings since I run MH's with a chiller and a separate AC system for my fish room. I will be able to have a true cost comparison for the month of November as it is cooler here now and my chiller isn't coming on anymore. My only complaint and this is not a knock on the Vectra, is that since I have water coming out of two outlets the velocity in which the water comes out isn't as powerful as I would like it to be. I have 1" outlets and would like to see a little more punch coming from them. I am thinking about reducing the outlet nozels to 3/4" and hooking up loc-line nozels. Because of this I really haven't been able to take advantage of the different programs and have just been running the pump on constant speed at 100%. I do lower the pump power to 30% at night when the MP40QD's are in nutrient export mode. All in all, I love the pumps because now my tank is dead silent and I can control the pump intensity.

Last edited:

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i absolutely love mine, wish it was more compatible with Apex but life goes on. 1 major concern... has the battery backup cable been released yet?!?!

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe Randoreefer can clarify for all of us?

Yep, chiming in after some further clarification from the fellas "upstairs". The website lists, "a Vectra Battery Backup Booster is required". Waiting for clarification on that and a possible 20v cable.

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, chiming in after some further clarification from the fellas "upstairs". The website lists, "a Vectra Battery Backup Booster is required". Waiting for clarification on that and a possible 20v cable.
thanks man!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back