c h e a t o reactor question

jgsolo32

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2021
Messages
53
Reaction score
28
Location
San Jose
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my cheato reactor, after 2 months, didn't grow and became milky. I ran it with a two little fishes reactor with a small pump running it at about 40% with a valve. I had to clean it out today and it seem pretty bad. I wasn't getting much growth out of it. any recommendations? it's for a 20 gallon water box. I have two clowns and about six frags. I does 10 mL of all three powdered mix and phosphate running at about 05 ppm, nitrates at about 10, alkalinity at about 8 ppm, ph 8.5. thx . might write it the next week just to see how the tank does without it.
 
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can maybe bump the thread for you to see if we can get you some help
 
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can maybe bump the thread for you to see if we can get you some help
I did view a vid on YouTube regarding cheato where they used Brightwell Aquatics Ferrion with great success in growing cheato. Just looking for recommendations. Appreciate it.
 
my cheato reactor, after 2 months, didn't grow and became milky. I ran it with a two little fishes reactor with a small pump running it at about 40% with a valve. I had to clean it out today and it seem pretty bad. I wasn't getting much growth out of it. any recommendations? it's for a 20 gallon water box. I have two clowns and about six frags. I does 10 mL of all three powdered mix and phosphate running at about 05 ppm, nitrates at about 10, alkalinity at about 8 ppm, ph 8.5. thx . might write it the next week just to see how the tank does without it.
Difficult to ID reasons. Light intensity, water flow, trace element depletion, PO4 and nitrate levels. Also there are two varieties on the market and they do not grow the same. So advice on how to remedy growth might be dependent on the advice giver’s variety.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new