c h e a t o reactor question

jgsolo32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my cheato reactor, after 2 months, didn't grow and became milky. I ran it with a two little fishes reactor with a small pump running it at about 40% with a valve. I had to clean it out today and it seem pretty bad. I wasn't getting much growth out of it. any recommendations? it's for a 20 gallon water box. I have two clowns and about six frags. I does 10 mL of all three powdered mix and phosphate running at about 05 ppm, nitrates at about 10, alkalinity at about 8 ppm, ph 8.5. thx . might write it the next week just to see how the tank does without it.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can maybe bump the thread for you to see if we can get you some help

OP
OP
J

jgsolo32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can maybe bump the thread for you to see if we can get you some help
I did view a vid on YouTube regarding cheato where they used Brightwell Aquatics Ferrion with great success in growing cheato. Just looking for recommendations. Appreciate it.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my cheato reactor, after 2 months, didn't grow and became milky. I ran it with a two little fishes reactor with a small pump running it at about 40% with a valve. I had to clean it out today and it seem pretty bad. I wasn't getting much growth out of it. any recommendations? it's for a 20 gallon water box. I have two clowns and about six frags. I does 10 mL of all three powdered mix and phosphate running at about 05 ppm, nitrates at about 10, alkalinity at about 8 ppm, ph 8.5. thx . might write it the next week just to see how the tank does without it.
Difficult to ID reasons. Light intensity, water flow, trace element depletion, PO4 and nitrate levels. Also there are two varieties on the market and they do not grow the same. So advice on how to remedy growth might be dependent on the advice giver’s variety.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back