OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that Conspic Angel. Don't see many of those in the trade.

Great system, but not a lot in the way of caves and hideouts for the fish. Marine Angels especially love deep caves that they can retreat to. Just a thought.

Wonderful build though.
This is a current shot of my tank. I went for aesthetic first round but you are absolutely right that it wasn't conducive to a thriving environment for my fish.

Last edited:

LPS Bum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a current shot of my tank. I went for aesthetic first round but you are absolutely right that it wasn't conducive to a thriving environment for my fish.

Ah, yes. Much better aquascape for the fish this time around, especially the Angels. Beautiful set-up. Well done, and hope you enjoy it.

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added some new aqua forest rocks to my scape. I wanted to provide more hiding and territories for the fish.

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, yes. Much better aquascape for the fish this time around, especially the Angels. Beautiful set-up. Well done, and hope you enjoy it.
I actually added more rocks to my scape this week. I am adding a couple more fish so I wanted to make there was many new caves and territories for all my little guys.

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful set up, It’s making me want to upgrade to a peninsula, they have a always been my favorite style of aquarium
This is my first peninsula, honestly I couldn't be happier, I will never go back.

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chicago Sunburst Anenome relocated himself this afternoon, looking beautiful.

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Progress...

4/20/22
Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 9.34.26 PM.png

tank 1.jpg

full tank view.jpg

Last edited:

Longatto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LAReefer4, in your opinion, can a reef mat be easily installed in that sump? I seen others do in the long 7' reef but haven't come across it in the peninsula

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LAReefer4, in your opinion, can a reef mat be easily installed in that sump? I seen others do in the long 7' reef but haven't come across it in the peninsula
Yes, but you would need to manipulate the filter sock chamber. Here is a picture of mine.
SUMP 11.23.jpg

Check out the thread below, he added a roller-mat to his CADE build.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the family, my wrought iron just finished acclimation and is finally in his new home after 8 weeks of QT.

Longatto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but you would need to manipulate the filter sock chamber. Here is a picture of mine.
SUMP 11.23.jpg

Check out the thread below, he added a roller-mat to his CADE build.

appreciate the link! awesome build he's got going!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just read through the thread....dangit not I am not sure of the tank i bought yesterday.
I had the RS 650P seam started to bubble RS sent a replacement. but sold it off for tile work.
just picked up the Im 200 peninsula.. now I hear you can get Cade in white ...really how did I not know that ? grrr that the the BF/CM sale I might of went for it.

I like the clear silicone the manifold and the electric cabbie. like you said everything is more thought out + you dont have to build a stand. sigh

oh well what can a guy do.
on a side not love your stocking list. my tank will be a butterfliy, angeld and tang FOWLR
that wrought iron is on fire! really all the fish are.

ialso picked up the ozone from Brs i think I will try to run it with out the air dryer as i live in a very dry clement. your water does look amazing I hope i get the same with ozone and UV.

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just read through the thread....dangit not I am not sure of the tank i bought yesterday.
I had the RS 650P seam started to bubble RS sent a replacement. but sold it off for tile work.
just picked up the Im 200 peninsula.. now I hear you can get Cade in white ...really how did I not know that ? grrr that the the BF/CM sale I might of went for it.

I like the clear silicone the manifold and the electric cabbie. like you said everything is more thought out + you dont have to build a stand. sigh

oh well what can a guy do.
on a side not love your stocking list. my tank will be a butterfliy, angeld and tang FOWLR
that wrought iron is on fire! really all the fish are.

ialso picked up the ozone from Brs i think I will try to run it with out the air dryer as i live in a very dry clement. your water does look amazing I hope i get the same with ozone and UV.
Thanks for the kind words. Both are great brands and at the end of the day and it's really the fish, cool gadgets, and a the flourishing ecosystem that makes the hobby great, the tank is the vessel but I agree that CADE comes preassembled and is very easy to install.

My water is crazy clear, you won't regret ozone, you'll just need to clean the unit every 6 months. They sell a kit for that as well. The UV works great, I run it as preventative for parasite control, etc. Only issue is a run 2 separate UV at different flow rates and I feel like it heats the water considerably.

Tangs are too aggressive, two is enough for me. I love Angels first and foremost but I took a recent liking to the wrasses. They have funny personalities and love watching them swim around the tank. I have a Flame wrasse arriving next week.

Best of luck

Back