OP
OP
weezeoh

weezeoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These tanks are amazing you tube there instructional how to set up videos amazing

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking systems. I went over to their Australian site where they have info.

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw some Cade tanks in person at Reefstock Denver today (in the @AlgaeBarn booth) and they look great. Really nice build quality, nice features, and from what they told about me the retail pricing is relatively low for what you get compared to some of the other tank builders. Definitely going to look into them.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Never heard of them before. Look pretty nice but that website needs to be better. Gives no details on each system. Images look like modified AIO tanks with a false wall. Maybe they are? I cant tell.

They are all complete systems with a sump(and depending on the size, refugium). We appreciate the feedback on the website, we are working on the website, it was a bit of a rush job.

The tanks are made using a propreitary ultra-clear low iron glass (OptiClear). Stands are shipped PREBUILT and include a glass sump. The stands are made with annodized aluminum, so they will last a lifetime. Plumbing takes about 5 minutes (no gluing, just unions and bulkheads)

Here are a couple photos:

PR2-1800-B4.jpg

PR2-1800-B6.jpg

PR2-1800-B4.jpg

Last edited:

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice system. What is the capacity of the 1800?

CADE Pro-Reefer systems has tanks in 2ft, 3ft, 4ft, 5ft, 6ft long

The PR2-1800:

Total Capacity is 207 Gallons

Display is 171 Gallons
ATO reservoir (built into the back chamber/false wall) is 15 gallons
Sump is 34 gallons

Tank Dimensions: 1800mm x 700mm x 600mm (LxWxH) - 5.9ft x 2.3ft x 2ft
Cabinet Dimensions: 1800mm x 700mm x 900 mm (LxWXH) - 5.9ft x 2.3ft x 3ft

They are taller than the average stand, but they are not too tall to make tank work annoying.

1583786055186.png

Last edited:

CyberGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most important question of all: Can you remove the word "Cade" from the right corner of the tank? Even a tiny scratch on the front glass already irk me so imagine the big fat "Cade" word in the right hand corner. Hopefully it is just a sticker that is removable like with Innovative Marine tanks.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stands are shipped PREBUILT and include a glass sump. The stands are made with annodized aluminum, so they will last a lifetime.

Are these stands cast aluminum or are they assembled with Stainless steel hardware like most other aluminum stands? If they do have stainless steel hardware I would hazard against making statements saying they will last a "lifetime" as the hardware definitely won't...

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Most important question of all: Can you remove the word "Cade" from the right corner of the tank? Even a tiny scratch on the front glass already irk me so imagine the big fat "Cade" word in the right hand corner. Hopefully it is just a sticker that is removable like with Innovative Marine tanks.

They are actually laser etched in the middle of the thickness of glass.

1583795608728.png

And for the USA models we will be importing, they will much much smaller and lighter (the panel on the left).

1583795752244.png

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are these stands cast aluminum or are they assembled with Stainless steel hardware like most other aluminum stands? If they do have stainless steel hardware I would hazard against making statements saying they will last a "lifetime" as the hardware definitely won't...

Great question @JoshH, they are extruded aluminum and anodized. The hardware is stainless 316L and CADE Australia has yet to see any issues with rust on the hardware. But, it will likely be the longest lasting piece of equipment for your aquarium

First_Time_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I myself have owned a one of the first Cade Pro Reef S2 900 since they've become available in Australia! Gotta say you will not be disappointed with the setup and quality.

Ive covered the tank a few times on my youtube channel.Heres a video of the man behind Cades design Adam Dalton at Reefstock Australia last year.

And here is my setup and install of my tank at home!

Any questions feel free to sing out!

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These look like they will be really nice tanks. Could you give a little bit of info on the s2 600? Also, could you share how much it will cost?

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
These look like they will be really nice tanks. Could you give a little bit of info on the s2 600? Also, could you share how much it will cost?

PR2-600-B4.jpg

PR2-600-B10.jpg

PR2-600-B11.jpg

Here is a description of the sump.
1583801298324.png

The tank has an integrated 3.4 gallon ATO, 13 gallon sump, and 57 gallon display area for a total system capacity of 70 gallons.

Pricing will be $2000 delivered, and since we are currently arranging preorders (we are aiming for arrival at our facility in about 12 weeks), we can offer a $200 discount with prepayment.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back