Cade Aquarium in the USA

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
@AlgaeBarn is there a plumbing option for 2 return pumps on the 1500S2? Also, I notice a feed line for chiller, where does the chiller output go, back to the tank or sump?
Scratch that! There is no option for two returns and the output from the chiller will go back into the sump. ~Shaun K.

bnord

View Badges
Reaction score
@AlgaeBarn is there a plumbing option for 2 return pumps on the 1500S2? Also, I notice a feed line for chiller, where does the chiller output go, back to the tank or sump?
By the way, I have set up my 1800 with a 40W UV with a dedicated second pump. Not a direct answer to your question but I had considered using the chiller line as the return for the UV - and may still do later. also there is a lot of flexibility under the tank for switching things around, i.e., I have used the second "refugium" chamber for the skimmer (and UV pump) and have a HUGE refugium - could be a future frag tank

bnord

View Badges
Reaction score
Scratch that! There is no option for two returns and the output from the chiller will go back into the sump. ~Shaun K.
yep, that's the case and I was thinking of the chiller for the UV return because it would be good use of used plumbing

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
By the way, I have set up my 1800 with a 40W UV with a dedicated second pump. Not a direct answer to your question but I had considered using the chiller line as the return for the UV - and may still do later. also there is a lot of flexibility under the tank for switching things around, i.e., I have used the second "refugium" chamber for the skimmer (and UV pump) and have a HUGE refugium - could be a future frag tank
Would love to see pictures! ~Shaun K.

chousecat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey Algaebarn,

I am a big fan of this aquarium manufacturer, however I like my tanks more shallow. On their AUS website, they have a frag tank series. Do you guys plan on carrying that series soon? Thanks

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey Algaebarn,

I am a big fan of this aquarium manufacturer, however I like my tanks more shallow. On their AUS website, they have a frag tank series. Do you guys plan on carrying that series soon? Thanks
We will be bringing some different ones over this upcoming year but no confirmation on what yet ;) ~Shaun K.

alansmith52

View Badges
Reaction score
I am confused on the models, is the 1800 s2 the same as the reef pro 1800 ? and what about the the metric plumbing thats my main concern?

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
I am confused on the models, is the 1800 s2 the same as the reef pro 1800 ? and what about the the metric plumbing thats my main concern?
Yes they are the same! What were your worries on the metric plumbing? ~Shaun K.

Top Shelf Aquatics

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
AB, just ordered a 1200 from you guys...can you tell me the weights of the crates.
Getting that info now and getting back to you! ~Shaun K

How do you feel about showing off your tank to "non-reefing" guests?

• I really enjoy it

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I like it if they are interested

Votes: 55 56.7%
  • I really don't care either way

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • I don't like showing my tank to people who don't understand it

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 6.2%

Online statistics

Members online