Cade S2 1200 and reef mat

legacy2mj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have a Cade S2 1200 with a reef mat installed in the return section where the 2 filter socks are?
Would love to see pics, issues you had, whatever you can say about getting that added would be great. Thanks!

DrkNMighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I have been contemplating the same thing. I know it will fit in the sump if you pull the refugium section out. I think I also measured and it is could be a tight fit in the skimmer area while still having a refugium. I don't think it would fit in the filter sock area though.

OP
OP
legacy2mj

legacy2mj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I have been contemplating the same thing. I know it will fit in the sump if you pull the refugium section out. I think I also measured and it is could be a tight fit in the skimmer area while still having a refugium. I don't think it would fit in the filter sock area though.
I was lazy and went straight here with the question first. I havnt threw a tape measure on anything yet. I’m just over the filter socks. I could honestly just do away with them completely, but na I’d rather catch what I can. I’d like a solution that works in that back area even if it’s not a reef mat, I don’t wanna have to do much if any manipulation to the sump. Other then some plumbing adjustments

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clarisea is probably easier to fit (smaller footprint), if you are not specifically wanting a Reefmat.

OP
OP
legacy2mj

legacy2mj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clarisea is probably easier to fit (smaller footprint), if you are not specifically wanting a Reefmat.
I will check it out. In a perfect world I would prefer the redsea, I already have a handful of redsea stuff running on ReefBeat so for that reason it would be nice. But like I said I don’t wanna mess with reconfiguring my sump.
I have seen somebody who removed the separator panel and put a sump under that fits the entire footprint of the tank. Obviously that would be a monster of a project…. But you would prolly have the necessary room then

OP
OP
legacy2mj

legacy2mj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking more on this.. wouldn’t it pretty much work the same way to install the reef mat in the large front left section of the sump. Plumbed into a smaller return pump in the section where the filter socks are? As long the pump keeps up and doesn’t let it overflow that section, everything technically should pass through the reef mat, correct? Or am I missing something?

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In principle I think that would work but you are adding cost, complexity, and taking up more space.

OP
OP
legacy2mj

legacy2mj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In principle I think that would work but you are adding cost, complexity, and taking up more space.
Yea… the reef may is already pretty pricy, I don’t know what size pump it would require… prolly something like a varios 2… and I’m not even positive that would keep up. But we’re looking at $380 for the reef mat + $270 (using varios 2 as example)… I’m not even gonna include tubing.. thats minimal… too expensive for mechanical filter

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 92 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back