Cade Aquarium in the USA

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@AlgaeBarn is there a plumbing option for 2 return pumps on the 1500S2? Also, I notice a feed line for chiller, where does the chiller output go, back to the tank or sump?
Scratch that! There is no option for two returns and the output from the chiller will go back into the sump. ~Shaun K.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AlgaeBarn is there a plumbing option for 2 return pumps on the 1500S2? Also, I notice a feed line for chiller, where does the chiller output go, back to the tank or sump?
By the way, I have set up my 1800 with a 40W UV with a dedicated second pump. Not a direct answer to your question but I had considered using the chiller line as the return for the UV - and may still do later. also there is a lot of flexibility under the tank for switching things around, i.e., I have used the second "refugium" chamber for the skimmer (and UV pump) and have a HUGE refugium - could be a future frag tank

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scratch that! There is no option for two returns and the output from the chiller will go back into the sump. ~Shaun K.
yep, that's the case and I was thinking of the chiller for the UV return because it would be good use of used plumbing

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
By the way, I have set up my 1800 with a 40W UV with a dedicated second pump. Not a direct answer to your question but I had considered using the chiller line as the return for the UV - and may still do later. also there is a lot of flexibility under the tank for switching things around, i.e., I have used the second "refugium" chamber for the skimmer (and UV pump) and have a HUGE refugium - could be a future frag tank
Would love to see pictures! ~Shaun K.

chousecat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Algaebarn,

I am a big fan of this aquarium manufacturer, however I like my tanks more shallow. On their AUS website, they have a frag tank series. Do you guys plan on carrying that series soon? Thanks

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Algaebarn,

I am a big fan of this aquarium manufacturer, however I like my tanks more shallow. On their AUS website, they have a frag tank series. Do you guys plan on carrying that series soon? Thanks
We will be bringing some different ones over this upcoming year but no confirmation on what yet ;) ~Shaun K.

alansmith52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am confused on the models, is the 1800 s2 the same as the reef pro 1800 ? and what about the the metric plumbing thats my main concern?

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am confused on the models, is the 1800 s2 the same as the reef pro 1800 ? and what about the the metric plumbing thats my main concern?
Yes they are the same! What were your worries on the metric plumbing? ~Shaun K.

mushy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AB,
I am looking at 1800 S2. Few questions?
1. Is back of tank that contains auto top off is all glass or acrylic in front. I don’t want acrylic as easy to scratch when cleaning algae.
2. I heard about overflow noise issue with overflow in S1. Is that fixed in S2?
3. I want to add 7” Klir filters (1 for now and maybe 2nd one later). Can i have two 7” filter socks instead if four 4” filter socks. Can the
4. Is there baffel to keep 8” or 9” height in skimmer chamber. I want to use skimmer before refugium chamber, can the divider can be adjusted accordingly as well?.

lafarrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mushy
1. Glass
2. I do not have overflow sound/issue but it is a tight tolerance
3. The sock brackets are silicone into the baffles. I just popped mine out. the water depth is 8" so I see no reason you could not go 7" socks but defer to others for definitive answers.
4. Second chamber maintains 8"

Natedogg1978

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are actually laser etched in the middle of the thickness of glass.

1583795608728.png

And for the USA models we will be importing, they will much much smaller and lighter (the panel on the left).

1583795752244.png
Is the USA glass much thinner compared to Australian fabrication? The far-left looks much thinner.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
AB,
I am looking at 1800 S2. Few questions?
1. Is back of tank that contains auto top off is all glass or acrylic in front. I don’t want acrylic as easy to scratch when cleaning algae.
2. I heard about overflow noise issue with overflow in S1. Is that fixed in S2?
3. I want to add 7” Klir filters (1 for now and maybe 2nd one later). Can i have two 7” filter socks instead if four 4” filter socks. Can the
4. Is there baffel to keep 8” or 9” height in skimmer chamber. I want to use skimmer before refugium chamber, can the divider can be adjusted accordingly as well?.

1. the tank is 100% glass minus the lid for the ato, and the lids for the return and drain. I suppose if you are including the jump net in the word "tank" then the jump net is not glass.

2. the complaints that you might see about overflow noise in the S1 I'm not sure what that is about, but in the S2 if the valve is adjusted correctly on the drain then there will be ZERO noise.

3. you can do the 7" klir, but you will need to make a slight modification to the sump which I can provide instructions (from the manufacturer) on.

4. I can ask about running it higher, but I am pretty sure that would effect the way the water flows over the socks from the return pipes and effect the overall noise and functionality. Can I ask why you would want to run 8-9" skimmer chamber height? And what skimmer are you trying to use?

mushy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I was only talking about display tank. Not net and other stuff. Cool it’s all glass.

I like to use eShopp skimmers as had good experience with them. If height works with their skimmer then i am good. They run 7”-9” but I had been running 8” water height and had excellent results.

can they modify to two 7” Klir filter compatible before delivery?

i would like move the divider between skimmer and refugium chamber more towards right. Can the brackets be moved easy?

also, are the cabinet feet adjustable?

what the order to delivery time? Is there delivery option with setting up cabinet and tanks in the room? I can do plumbing later.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back