Cade Aquarium in the USA

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
These set up slook killer. Is it possible to get these in a white stand at all?
I've been looking at these for a while and find them rather impressive. In the past they had version is white and "champagne" or something.

Are they making the S2 1800 in white and will you be stocking them?
Thanks.
I think in the past, the white stands were painted aluminum. Now, they only offer anodized aluminum, and they cannot anodize white :-(

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These tanks look nice! A few questions:

-Is that a bottom eurobrace? Is eurobracing an option?

-Black silicone an option?

-What is the full warranty on this system?

Cheers

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
These tanks look nice! A few questions:

-Is that a bottom eurobrace? Is eurobracing an option?

-Black silicone an option?

-What is the full warranty on this system?

Cheers
I don't think that is a bottom eurobrace. I'm not familiar with bottom eurobracing. For their custom tanks, eurobracing is an option.

For custom, I think black silicone is an option, for the PR2 series, no :-(

2 year warranty on the system

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think that is a bottom eurobrace. I'm not familiar with bottom eurobracing. For their custom tanks, eurobracing is an option.

For custom, I think black silicone is an option, for the PR2 series, no :-(

2 year warranty on the system
Kind thanks. I'm looking at a new system for the home. Love the Cade stand and manifold etc. That should last a LONG time with no sagging issues etc.

I'm deterred by a 2-year warranty. If spending thousands, and given that a lot of rimless tanks out there are showing seam failures etc., I would need more confidence in the product. Custom and a 5+ year warranty offer peace of mind. Maybe I'll go Cade custom if there's some flexibility with respect to longevity...

Cheers,
Ross

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What are the size and weights of the shipping crates for the 1800S2?

Freight is included in the price; however:

Stand Crate: 74x30x41" @ ~430lbs with the pallet (Height may go up to 45" depending on the pallet we use to ship the crate)
Aquarium Crate: 74x30x30"@ ~530lbs with the pallet (Height may go up to 35" depending on the pallet we use to ship the crate)

Rio1969

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freight is included in the price; however:

Stand Crate: 74x30x41" @ ~430lbs with the pallet (Height may go up to 45" depending on the pallet we use to ship the crate)
Aquarium Crate: 74x30x30"@ ~530lbs with the pallet (Height may go up to 35" depending on the pallet we use to ship the crate)
Thanks.

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been out of the hobby for the last almost 10 years. looking to get back in and want to do it right. I was waffling between the Waterbox Reef Pro 180.5, Red Sea Reefer XXL 625 and posted some questions on the Waterbox and a Red Sea RB page. Never heard of Cade until a couple of people mentioned it. I like the design of the stand, but I am wary of tank due to all these stories about "Bursting" at the seams. (my friend's 240gal just suffered this a couple of days ago). One thing that draws me more to Waterbox is the 12 months 0% financing so I dont have to drop all my cash at once. Looking for your sales pitch @AlgaeBarn. Other than the nice stand, why should I go with Cade instead of the other 2?

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been out of the hobby for the last almost 10 years. looking to get back in and want to do it right. I was waffling between the Waterbox Reef Pro 180.5, Red Sea Reefer XXL 625 and posted some questions on the Waterbox and a Red Sea RB page. Never heard of Cade until a couple of people mentioned it. I like the design of the stand, but I am wary of tank due to all these stories about "Bursting" at the seams. (my friend's 240gal just suffered this a couple of days ago). One thing that draws me more to Waterbox is the 12 months 0% financing so I dont have to drop all my cash at once. Looking for your sales pitch @AlgaeBarn. Other than the nice stand, why should I go with Cade instead of the other 2?
The quality and features are overall the Cades strongest selling points. No stories of them failing and especially the new series 2 line. We are also working on rolling out some payment plan as well. With any of the series 2 you will get both form and function. The glass clarity is also phenomenal! Personally my favorite function is the built in ATO reservoir in the back of the tank itself. If you have any more questions please let me know! :) ~Shaun K.

BillReef71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ordered mine today 1800 S2 will be a few months till they hit the country but I will give a full report once i get this beast set up
Let us know if your system has come in, I was set on a WB, but I am rethinking my option now.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an 1800 up and running for 3 weeks - Algae barn has been great and responsive and could not ask for more. Samantha from AB cares That there is a satisfied customer.
the question of why a Cade for me is the ease in connections, sump flexibility and exquisite power control and access. Stand is superior to anything else i have seen.
Adam from Australia had been super quick in his response - and helping out with some of my ideas for tweaks

in short, i love the system and incremental increase in cost is well worth it

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up and running

FDCF522E-4F17-402D-BDCC-BF24C6F98B8B.jpeg

excell007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AlgaeBarn is there a plumbing option for 2 return pumps on the 1500S2? Also, I notice a feed line for chiller, where does the chiller output go, back to the tank or sump?

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Cade aquariums are going to give the rest some serious competition I think.
Everything I have heard or read so far is positive.

The only thing I don't like honestly is including the ATO in the systems water volume.
I know its a stupid complaint, but my reasoning is, we need to calculate additives or medications based on the actual volume of water that our livestock lives in don't we?
To me its a cheap sales pitch to make it sound bigger.
Then I think well what other cheap sales pitch is there that I did not catch.
Just once I would like a company to be straight forward with everything.

I don't include my 300G of RO/DI and 300G of stored saltwater when I describe my system.
But hell I would love to be impressive and tell everyone I have a 835G Reef tank.
Sorry but I have always had issue with the false reporting of real water volumes in the aquarium industry.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Cade aquariums are going to give the rest some serious competition I think.
Everything I have heard or read so far is positive.

The only thing I don't like honestly is including the ATO in the systems water volume.
I know its a stupid complaint, but my reasoning is, we need to calculate additives or medications based on the actual volume of water that our livestock lives in don't we?
To me its a cheap sales pitch to make it sound bigger.
Then I think well what other cheap sales pitch is there that I did not catch.
Just once I would like a company to be straight forward with everything.

I don't include my 300G of RO/DI and 300G of stored saltwater when I describe my system.
But hell I would love to be impressive and tell everyone I have a 835G Reef tank.
Sorry but I have always had issue with the false reporting of real water volumes in the aquarium industry.
I understand where you are coming from, however it is not a sales pitch. On our product description we do not state the ATO is part of the operational water volume. We give the total of display, sump and ato separately and lastly the total water volume. The ATO has been integrated into the back of the tank to free up sump area space. If we removed the ATO area the total amount of display would remain the same, however the sump would lose volume. ~Shaun K.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back