Cade Aquarium in the USA

Hug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please be aware that the return line plumbing listed as 1 inch return is not accurate. When it is listed at 1 inch they mean the outer diameter of the plumbing is 1 inch. It is very close to a 3/4 inch return line. A bit misleading. Don't want people to make the mistake I did and order 1 inch fittings for the return line which are all way too big.

Apocalypsem3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, new here. I asked this question via AlgaeBarn chat, but I am still a little bit confused. I am interested in finding out if Cade Peninsula 1500 or 1800 sump can be removed from the cabinet door openings. The sump seems to fill out the cabinet space and I just don't see how it can be done without disassembling the cabinet. Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, new here. I asked this question via AlgaeBarn chat, but I am still a little bit confused. I am interested in finding out if Cade Peninsula 1500 or 1800 sump can be removed from the cabinet door openings. The sump seems to fill out the cabinet space and I just don't see how it can be done without disassembling the cabinet. Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks.
Pretty sure the answer has to be "Yes". Likely one or more of the center/end braces are removeable. Or maybe the end panel. I have never built one though. Maybe google for an installation manual?

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_7571.jpg

There is a brace in the center that would need to be removed as well as several tabs circled and some in the back not in view in order to remove it. There is normally a door in the front that is not pictured and was removed for viewing purposed for the show. It would be best to remove that as well in order to make it easier to take the sump out :)

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please be aware that the return line plumbing listed as 1 inch return is not accurate. When it is listed at 1 inch they mean the outer diameter of the plumbing is 1 inch. It is very close to a 3/4 inch return line. A bit misleading. Don't want people to make the mistake I did and order 1 inch fittings for the return line which are all way too big.
We apologize for the confusion as CADE listed specs are listed from the Australian site. We are working on updating and converting the specs to avoid future confusion.

Apocalypsem3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7571.jpg

There is a brace in the center that would need to be removed as well as several tabs circled and some in the back not in view in order to remove it. There is normally a door in the front that is not pictured and was removed for viewing purposed for the show. It would be best to remove that as well in order to make it easier to take the sump out :)
Ahh.. picture's worth thousand words. Make sense that middle bracing needs to be removed. Thanks!

Apocalypsem3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are very welcome! Can I ask why you would want to take the sump out?
I was just curious.. just in case. Trying to see if i can retrofit a filter roller into 1800 peninsula sump. If it ends up being too complicated, maybe try a sump that already has it integrated.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is it possible to change the plumbing for dual returns on the larger tanks?
PR2-1500P_B9.png

The peninsulas have two returns. This picture is from the CADE 1500 S2 Peninsula. Which tank(s) were you interested in?

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PR2-1500P_B9.png

The peninsulas have two returns. This picture is from the CADE 1500 S2 Peninsula. Which tank(s) were you interested in?
Sorry, I meant for dual return pumps, I was looking at the 1800S but realized it’s too small as it’s the total system volume I was looking at. Would still be helpful to know on the dual return pumps, I personally will not run a reef tank on one return pump.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry, I meant for dual return pumps, I was looking at the 1800S but realized it’s too small as it’s the total system volume I was looking at. Would still be helpful to know on the dual return pumps, I personally will not run a reef tank on one return pump.
The tanks are designed in a way that if you wanted to drill the tank you could. Any alterations that are not approved are not covered under the limited warranty though.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was just curious.. just in case. Trying to see if i can retrofit a filter roller into 1800 peninsula sump. If it ends up being too complicated, maybe try a sump that already has it integrated.
IMG_7673.JPG

What roller were you looking at getting? This one is on a CADE 1500 peninsula :)

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just looking at the 1500 yesterday! Ive been stuck between redsea, waterbox and innovative marine tanks and they all have good and bad things about them, this Cade tank checks just about everything for me! How much does the 1500 tank and stand weigh? So to make this a full setup I would still need a return pump, skimmer and lights correct?

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was just looking at the 1500 yesterday! Ive been stuck between redsea, waterbox and innovative marine tanks and they all have good and bad things about them, this Cade tank checks just about everything for me! How much does the 1500 tank and stand weigh? So to make this a full setup I would still need a return pump, skimmer and lights correct?
CADE 1500 S2
Tank: about 400 LBS
Stand: about 350 LBS- The stand does include the weight of the sump

Thank is correct that you would just need your return pump, skimmer, and display lighting :)

Apocalypsem3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7673.JPG

What roller were you looking at getting? This one is on a CADE 1500 peninsula :)
Clarisea looks great in that sump. What modifications (if any) were performed to fit Clarisea? Did you have to remove the filter sock holders? Perhaps pictures at different angles? If modifications were performed, dies it void Cade warranty?

Last edited:

Hug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CADE 1500 S2
Tank: about 400 LBS
Stand: about 350 LBS- The stand does include the weight of the sump

Thank is correct that you would just need your return pump, skimmer, and display lighting :)
I'm confused, earlier in this post the listed weight for the larger 1800 s2 was 160 for tank and 169 for stand?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back