Cade aquariums worth the price?

Dabcrusher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who have Cades, do you feel that they're worth the price? I'm looking at an IM 75 and a Cade S2 900. The IM is 1500 and the Cade is 3500. Is the Cade really worth over 2X the IM
When I got mine I had just won a trigger platinum sump from brs and I had also right before that bought a bashsea sump and I'm very familiar with both the sumps cause we have both at work. After using the cades glass sump I sold both the other sumps I had . It fits perfect under the stand and well its glass.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure . We don't design them we just are the US distributor. I really like the frag tanks. I have a 1200 s2reef at my apartment and one in my office. When you say 90 lagoon are you referring to the gallons.
yes, gallons - great lagoon tank and I love - and a fraction of the price of my 50 gallon low boy frag tank with a 20long sump...smile)

Dabcrusher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, gallons - great lagoon tank and I love - and a fraction of the price of my 50 gallon low boy frag tank with a 20long sump...smile)
It's actually a little less than that thought you'd want to know for dosing purposes. It's 70 gallons the 900 part of the name s2 900f is series 2 900 millimeters long frag

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got mine I had just won a trigger platinum sump from brs and I had also right before that bought a bashsea sump and I'm very familiar with both the sumps cause we have both at work. After using the cades glass sump I sold both the other sumps I had . It fits perfect under the stand and well its glass.

I love my cade! The only thing I have mixed feelings on is the sump.
It's a beast for sure. But that comes at the price of being pretty heavy, making removal for a deep clean harder.
Then again, it's easier to customize if needed, like removing the filter sock holder and replacing with a filter roller.

I think ideally, I'd prefer an acrylic sump with the following features:
-Removeable filter stock holder
-adjustable height skimmer section
-black walls around the filter trays so that area could be used for a refugium with less light transmission to other areas.
-probe holders and dosing line holders

This is all pretty nit-picky, but IMO would be the icing on the cake in an otherwise great higher-end system.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually a little less than that thought you'd want to know for dosing purposes. It's 70 gallons the 900 part of the name s2 900f is series 2 900 millimeters long frag
gotcha - think I knew that, then 90 stuck in my mind - appreciate it

Dabcrusher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my cade! The only thing I have mixed feelings on is the sump.
It's a beast for sure. But that comes at the price of being pretty heavy, making removal for a deep clean harder.
Then again, it's easier to customize if needed, like removing the filter sock holder and replacing with a filter roller.

I think ideally, I'd prefer an acrylic sump with the following features:
-Removeable filter stock holder
-adjustable height skimmer section
-black walls around the filter trays so that area could be used for a refugium with less light transmission to other areas.
-probe holders and dosing line holders

This is all pretty nit-picky, but IMO would be the icing on the cake in an otherwise great higher-end system.
I wouldn't mind the blacked out glass for the light that would be nice. I actually moved my refugium . I cut the baffle in half and plastic welded it back together and put it in the corners the light isn't to bad of a problem. The filter sock area I took a peice of glass out of it so the area that the water falls into wouldn't be stagnet since I rerouted the water

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221124_202937_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221124_202937_Gallery.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 36

Bakedpwn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on what you value. I bought cade peninsula 1500 sp with a deal from algaebarn that included live rock, sand, bacteria. It came with plumbing and a sump to house a refugium, a skimmer, and three reactors of a single return pump. It also comes with a built in power station and board as well as a mesh cover. It was more expensive than other systems I looked at but it included so many more things that are prebuilt. If you are a DIY person who wants a system a certain way you can probably save money on other systems, but for me it was a complete system that made sense and saved me what I valued most, time.
that seems like a good deal with the live rock and stuff! im looking at the same tank. mayyybe a 1800. I think the price is really solid compared to other brands like red sea. I could make an aqueon peninsula too but it wouldnt look as nice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could legitimately be making this up, but I recall a tank with a cade-esque style. It seemed like a no-name, budget aquarium, possibly purchased by Cade and then resold at an inflated price, marketed as a premium product... Again, let me be clear I could just be talking out of my butt. lol.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could legitimately be making this up, but I recall a tank with a cade-esque style. It seemed like a no-name, budget aquarium, possibly purchased by Cade and then resold at an inflated price, marketed as a premium product... Again, let me be clear I could just be talking out of my butt. lol.
Cade designed their tanks from the ground up.
When you see one in person, it will be immediately apparent why it costs more than the Red Sea sitting next to it.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cade designed their tanks from the ground up.
When you see one in person, it will be immediately apparent why it costs more than the Red Sea sitting next to it.
I've seen them in person and I must just be miss remembering but I could swear I saw an aquarium exactly like the Cade but for way cheaper

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen somewhat similar tanks in the past from local companies, including the rear ATO, but they were not similar quality-no low iron glass etc, and they were just on a generic wood stand.

There is only so much you can do with a glass display box design wise. In large part you are paying for at least perceived quality (silicone work etc), the plumbing, the sump, and most of all the stand. I really want to try an aluminum stand with side access doors etc, and the built in power bars are a nice bonus. I think most of the Red Sea tank failures are due to sagging wood stands, and I really want to do whatever I can to avoid that.

With the goal of having a tank set up for 5-10 years, the cost of the aquarium/stand itself is sadly a relatively minor component. So to me it is worth saving up (or farming Berghia in my case) to get as close to what I want as possible.

Bakedpwn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im pretty set i think on a cade peninsula 1800 by next years sale.
Give me time to prep the room and save $$.

Only other thing i like is the IM ext 200 peninisula.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back