OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Canary is out. But my female clown who normally leaves everyone alone unless they're close to her eggs is chasing him repeatedly into the back corner of the tank. Not sure what that's about.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Canary is out. But my female clown who normally leaves everyone alone unless they're close to her eggs is chasing him repeatedly into the back corner of the tank. Not sure what that's about.
Souns like the clown got ticked the canary didn't stay gone.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Souns like the clown got ticked the canary didn't stay gone.
Yeah probably.

They're all doing fine now and he's allowed to swim the tank again.

They must have settled their disputes while I was at work.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New piece coming today, seeded with pods again last night. Everyone is adapting really well to the new powerhead. The few sticks I have actually seem to like it more than they did the other - more polyp extension, different flow pattern I guess. I didn't realize it, but the clicking in the one on the right was driving hubs crazy so he turned it off after I added the mp40 and told him supposedly it can handle the whole tank but I'd work into it. He won't put his hands in the water, but I made the mistake of labeling the control board.

The corals haven't reacted to the rpm being off on the right, like they did when the one on the left burned out. I guess I don't need two? Seems weird and wrong to me, we'll see. The silence has been nice though!

The MCT comes today as well so I can pull rubble and build a scape and start planning the corals from here for there.

I may call or stop by FAOIS to see if they still have the mag as well....

Anyway, photos of the mose later!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This moseleya is absolutely beautiful and I can't get a good picture of it that picks up the iridescence :(

I'll try again once it's in the tank.

Dipping currently

PXL_20210909_175717023.NIGHT.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to update with a tank photo of this guy. He's starting to wake up and is apparently waking up hungry.
PXL_20210910_123712092.NIGHT.jpg

You can see all the feeders out on the 3rd head on the side (look towards the conch) as well as the top ones opening.

Eldritch_blast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it so far. ATO is working great. Seems like the number one problem people have is accidentally installing it upside down.
Hey I’ve been sifting through checking out your build a few times while getting my 1200 up and running. Now that I am I can confirm I had originally installed upside down, easy to do! I caught it though as soon as I filled reservoir and it wouldn’t stop filling .
I’m curious if they are standard heights across the board with the cases, because this is what drives the water level in the sump, and I wish it was like an inch or so higher. Going into the return chamber of the pump the water level is just low enough to add the babbling brook sound to my living room. I honestly don’t mind it but the misses isn’t a fan.

I started searching because in my memory the first time I peeled through your build thread I thought I saw you replaced the float valve in the ATO system but maybe I was mistaken, or just can’t find it. It’s quite the thread to dig through.
This is my first build that isn’t an AIO setup so there’s a lot of research going down on sumps right now.
Love your setup btw!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I’ve been sifting through checking out your build a few times while getting my 1200 up and running. Now that I am I can confirm I had originally installed upside down, easy to do! I caught it though as soon as I filled reservoir and it wouldn’t stop filling .
I’m curious if they are standard heights across the board with the cases, because this is what drives the water level in the sump, and I wish it was like an inch or so higher. Going into the return chamber of the pump the water level is just low enough to add the babbling brook sound to my living room. I honestly don’t mind it but the misses isn’t a fan.

I started searching because in my memory the first time I peeled through your build thread I thought I saw you replaced the float valve in the ATO system but maybe I was mistaken, or just can’t find it. It’s quite the thread to dig through.
This is my first build that isn’t an AIO setup so there’s a lot of research going down on sumps right now.
Love your setup btw!
Hey, welcome!

You can adjust the sump level via the little screw on the side of the float valve. Mine is completely silent, I have it set a little higher for that exact reason.

I didn't replace the float in the sump, you're probably thinking about the attachment I built to run water to fill the reservoir as needed, there's one on that.

Eldritch_blast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, welcome!

You can adjust the sump level via the little screw on the side of the float valve. Mine is completely silent, I have it set a little higher for that exact reason.

I didn't replace the float in the sump, you're probably thinking about the attachment I built to run water to fill the reservoir as needed, there's one on that.
Thanks! I have mine set to the highest setting and water level seems too low. Maybe I still installed improperly I will take a look.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I have mine set to the highest setting and water level seems too low. Maybe I still installed improperly I will take a look.
Interesting, is the noise bothering the missus coming from the 4 media pockets into the return chamber? I'm assuming that's where the babbling brook sound is coming from? I've got my valve set so that it's barely flowing over that area to hit the water level.

Eldritch_blast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, is the noise bothering the missus coming from the 4 media pockets into the return chamber? I'm assuming that's where the babbling brook sound is coming from? I've got my valve set so that it's barely flowing over that area to hit the water level.
Yes that’s spot. I have it pulled apart right now, I can’t raise the float any higher, not with using the bracket that holds it. On the highest setting I am still about 1” too shallow. I am curious if it was installed at the wrong spot. If there’s any way you could pull a measurement on you’rs from the top of the glass that’d be sweet. Mine is about 5 1/4”.

In this pic I actually have the float set too high on the adjustment wheel, so it isn’t closing but let me know if it doesn’t look set up properly.

Attachments

• ECAF9213-F20A-43D6-80BE-EB5783B43FF9.jpeg
    ECAF9213-F20A-43D6-80BE-EB5783B43FF9.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that’s spot. I have it pulled apart right now, I can’t raise the float any higher, not with using the bracket that holds it. On the highest setting I am still about 1” too shallow. I am curious if it was installed at the wrong spot. If there’s any way you could pull a measurement on you’rs from the top of the glass that’d be sweet. Mine is about 5 1/4”.

In this pic I actually have the float set too high on the adjustment wheel, so it isn’t closing but let me know if it doesn’t look set up properly.
Mine measures about the same. Hmm. My guess is your float valve is the problem then, or mine shouldn't have set to where it is to begin with lol

Eldritch_blast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for checking! It is actually quieter now, But not silent so I’ll keep fiddling, but since we are the same I will not be ripping the mount off and messin with it on that level though, yet. Maybe I’ll reach out to Algae Barn about it if I can’t figure it out.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change in flow had my Solomon blowing over my crocea, moved the clam over a little and he seems much happier. Very glad I let him attach to a smaller rock before putting him up in place because otherwise this would have been a lot more difficult to fix.

jandlms

Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had that type of gorgonian attach several times in the past. Just go with it and consider it fragging without the work. Or move the gorg away from anything else. I think it might be kind of cool to have a group of little gorges growing out of the side of the tank.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had that type of gorgonian attach several times in the past. Just go with it and consider it fragging without the work. Or move the gorg away from anything else. I think it might be kind of cool to have a group of little gorges growing out of the side of the tank.
He's already attached to my blenny cave and started growing there as well lol.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 167 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back