Cade Chaos Grimoire

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't mean to cause a panic, but one of my rocks is suspiciously lacking aiptasia this morning
Im Fine Fran Healy GIF by Travis

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time we lose power, even for just a few minutes, my return pump on the cube goes to absolute hell and is a complete disaster to get to run again.

I am very quickly losing patience with sicce.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Every time we lose power, even for just a few minutes, my return pump on the cube goes to absolute hell and is a complete disaster to get to run again.

One of my powerheads does that frequently. I have to take it apart, pull out the turbine, and clean the magnet off. It's ridiculous.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had the same issue with Sicce 0.5's. Have a couple of posts on it in this thread:
I actually tried to tear one down tonight to figure out a possible cause, but was unable to determine anything due to the construction. They are completely encapsulated.
1000001014.jpg
1000001016.jpg

1000001020.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch that fish like a hawk. I seen it eat aptasia, bubble tips, torches, and rock flowers.
There's one rock flower in this tank with him, and if he stays well behaved with the soft corals I may keep him here (the rfa won't be staying in this tank). Otherwise he'll move into the peninsula once that's up and running - the only thing I hoped to have in your list are more rfa - we'll see what he does.
I had the same issue with Sicce 0.5's. Have a couple of posts on it in this thread:
I actually tried to tear one down tonight to figure out a possible cause, but was unable to determine anything due to the construction. They are completely encapsulated.
1000001014.jpg
1000001016.jpg

1000001020.jpg
This one is a sicce syncra sdc 6 (I think 6). And like @tbrown mentioned above, it seems like I have to pull and clean the impellor magnet each time - then give it a good whack as suggested by @fishguy242 . My problem is I don't get a lot of whacking or maneuvering space in this sump where the return is located. Every time the power goes out it turns on dry run protection, even though the sump and return chamber aren't dry :rolleyes:

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, it looks like someone was busy last night/this morning... maybe yesterday. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the tank yesterday evening other than to get the return working again. There's a lot of clear rock today. I still see some aiptasia here and there that likely sunk into the rock when he was picking nearby, hopefully he can get them soon as well.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what about swapping out for a Jeboa/Jecod , pretty reliable IME, "cheap "too... :thinking-face: :)
I ran one of these on my old 90, the reason I didn't go back to them was simply because I had this pump hanging out still from the cade1200. It might be a little oversized, I only run it at 50%. The only "negative" I remember from that one was that the controller and power supply got SO HOT.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tubing for peninsula sump, return nozzle for pico all come Thursday from the looks of it.

Wednesday I'm digging out and switching the pico light, my minimaxis aren't adjusting to this one as well as I hoped. At least it was free... We're also going out to look at a tractor, we're country living folk officially now I guess. Mostly we need a grapple to move some of these insane wood chunks from the tree tear down.... And something to help move dirt easier.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's obviously a few on there still, but he's doing a good job so far.

Also got the pico lights switched this morning.

Old light (the new one I won from RB)
1720612888704.png

New light (old rb pico light I had on my older tank)
blue only
1720612945829.png

whites joined
1000005017.jpg

Hopefully my minimaxis perk back up now.

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back