Cade Chaos Grimoire

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First day I've felt well enough to do any maintenance on the tank, also took the opportunity to refill the RO water for all of my carnivorous plants which I'm sure they appreciated because they were starting to get dry.

I am starting a fresh round of rebiotic to see if that kick starts the tank again, I don't remember what the situation was when I initially started using it, but I have definitely dropped off over the years and I remember it helping something.

In the meantime, I cleared out my algae scrubber which was full of delicious bright green sea lettuce. Cleaned out the skimmer which is happily bubbling away again, refilled my peroxide for the oxydator, refreshed bactoballs, about to switch out carbon, etc etc.

Then on to the next tank.
Glad you are feeling a little better!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I just noticed this in the last photo I posted...

Little bb far down.
PXL_20220817_155621197.jpg

Has that been there since you sent it to me? @fishguy242 ? Did I just miss it?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what's your cal at ?? what was it ? any consumption there ?

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point, I did not test that in the midst of everything earlier. However, my headache has come back full force so I'm taking a break from activity. I will check on that later hopefully

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just gonna let ish ride. Nothing in the tank is declining, it's only stressing *me* out. Dosed back up to 440 for calcium. Will keep monitoring throughout the week to try and figure out if there's a consistent daily consumption here or not. Will keep testing alk as well cause why not.

Hoping since I'm feeling betterish today that I can get some work done on the cube setup tomorrow/Friday since I'm not allowed to go back to work until Saturday anyway.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Slept" on the couch last night so Matt could have the bedroom because he's nearly impossible to deal with when he's not sleeping well. Regret. Took a nap, my back still won't straighten out.

Anyway, about to start a round of testing. Might test the 4g for the uh... first time ever as well.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Slept" on the couch last night so Matt could have the bedroom because he's nearly impossible to deal with when he's not sleeping well. Regret. Took a nap, my back still won't straighten out.

Anyway, about to start a round of testing. Might test the 4g for the uh... first time ever as well.
The water taken out to test will be a 10% waterchange lol.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank alkalinity was, you guessed it..... 11.4
Calcium 440 where I topped it up to last night.
No changes.

4g alkalinity 7.3
Calcium 400
The 4 gallon has surprisingly lower levels. But it gets auto water change normally every day. Recently with us being on vacation I cut it to every 3 days and I haven't bumped it back up because I'm not allowed to go to out to get more water. No, I don't make the water for this tank like I do the bigger tank. I buy a jug of nutri-seawater from work and it fits perfectly into a little spot for me. Not the greatest, but nothing too demanding in there and as you've all seen, it looks good anyway.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love this.... but I love eyes....

Both tonsils are incredibly swollen and I barely have a voice
I know I'm really late. Out of many symptoms of being sick, this is one that keeps me from sleeping. I hope you've found some form of relief. I do love those aquarium photos.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back to work today :crying-face:

I feel "better" but I don't feel "10hr shift on my feet running around non-stop" well.

Still super congested. Still achey & tired. Still have crappy headaches.

We'll see how this goes.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was walking around an exterior of a building and Instantly thought of you. in a window well I found a skeleton. Just about the whole animal. Would you want it?

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was walking around an exterior of a building and Instantly thought of you. in a window well I found a skeleton. Just about the whole animal. Would you want it?
Shoot me a photo

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back