Cade Pro Reef 600 S2

wickedxreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is coming along quite nicely. I'm curious how you're going about handling your Nitrates and Phosphates in the tank? I have a 600 on order and plan to add a reefmat like you did. Also, I was trying to tell from the pictures, but do you think there is additional room for a macro algae reactor in front of or behind the skimmer? I plan to load the tank really heavy and run mixed sps/zoas.

OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is coming along quite nicely. I'm curious how you're going about handling your Nitrates and Phosphates in the tank? I have a 600 on order and plan to add a reefmat like you did. Also, I was trying to tell from the pictures, but do you think there is additional room for a macro algae reactor in front of or behind the skimmer? I plan to load the tank really heavy and run mixed sps/zoas.
Thanks.. Depending on the reactors footprint it should fit in front of the skimmer, it’s about a 6” x 6” space. I currently dose nitrate remover as it was on the high end, but all other parameters are within acceptable limits. The ReefMat does an awesome job keeping the water clean, I’m getting around 80 days out of a roll.

wickedxreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.. Depending on the reactors footprint it should fit in front of the skimmer, it’s about a 6” x 6” space. I currently dose nitrate remover as it was on the high end, but all other parameters are within acceptable limits. The ReefMat does an awesome job keeping the water clean, I’m getting around 80 days out of a roll.I’d
Curious what you dose to remove Nitrates? Also, how’re you liking your dozer? I’m thinking of getting one. I plan to run an apex and have my cor-20 connected to it. Would like to do the same with dosing.

OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious what you dose to remove Nitrates? Also, how’re you liking your dozer? I’m thinking of getting one. I plan to run an apex and have my cor-20 connected to it. Would like to do the same with dosing.
I dose quantum nitrate remover using a reef factory doser, 2 weeks ago my nitrates were at 35 and now they’re sitting at 10. The corals were fine throughout but I had a bit of algae appearing and now it’s gone.
I love the RF equipment I currently use a thermo view with temp probe in display temp, PH meter, salinity guardian, thermo control and doser.
I have also been researching algae reactors but I’m not sure what path to take yet as everything seems to be running fine.

OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Over the last couple months I've unfortunately lost 2 torches, 2 hammers an an elegance coral to BJD. It really sucks when things like this happen, and it was even worse as we were right in the middle of a house move. Once the tank was drained, emptied and relocated, it got a 100% water change and everything was put back in. After a week running everything seems to be running smoothly, I also added 2 snowflake clowns a few weeks ago and they've both settling in nicely.

AND I finally pulled the pin and ordered a white Cade 900 :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:
The tank should arrive at my place in just under 2 weeks, so I've got plenty of time to organise things.
I'm really looking forward to a having a bigger tank and I know my fish are going to love the extra real estate, plus with the extra power points and cabinet space it's going to come in very handy. I'm already planning on how I'm going to arrange and set everything up, and at this stage I'm not sure whether I'll just swap over the sumps (they're the exact same sump), as my media basket baffle was removed but we'll see.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Over the last couple months I've unfortunately lost 2 torches, 2 hammers an an elegance coral to BJD. It really sucks when things like this happen, and it was even worse as we were right in the middle of a house move. Once the tank was drained, emptied and relocated, it got a 100% water change and everything was put back in. After a week running everything seems to be running smoothly, I also added 2 snowflake clowns a few weeks ago and they've both settling in nicely.

AND I finally pulled the pin and ordered a white Cade 900 :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:
The tank should arrive at my place in just under 2 weeks, so I've got plenty of time to organise things.
I'm really looking forward to a having a bigger tank and I know my fish are going to love the extra real estate, plus with the extra power points and cabinet space it's going to come in very handy. I'm already planning on how I'm going to arrange and set everything up, and at this stage I'm not sure whether I'll just swap over the sumps (they're the exact same sump), as my media basket baffle was removed but we'll see.
Sorry about you losing coral, but at least you got a new tank!

OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank in its new home.
I’ll be removing the feet from the new tank and replacing them with rubber anti vibration squares, this is because the timber floor has a bit of movement. Also before the new tank arrives I’ll get under the house and locate the joists, hopefully I can align the tank so at least the centre feet are sitting on a joist. IMG_7178.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final Update:

So on the weekend I shut down the tank as I’ve transferred everything into my new Cade 900.
I have thoroughly enjoyed building the 600 to what it is today, it got me back into this awesome hobby and I know the 900 is going to do well because of it.
If I had the room I’d definitely keep it, but I’ll be cleaning it up and selling it to someone who will hopefully enjoy it as much as I did and build their own amazing little reef.
Thanks to everyone who commented and supported me during this journey, I do appreciate all the feedback.
I’m happy to answer any questions about my 600 build and anything to do with it.
If you want to follow me on my new journey with my 900 build, here is the link.
Happy reefing!

Last edited:

Quiverfull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m back in the hobby after a few years away. After doing numerous online searches and lots of visits to my LFS looking at tanks and equipment, I decided on getting the Cade Pro Reef 600 S2. I love the look of these tanks and I think the overall quality is impeccable.
The tank currently has about 20kg of rock scape, fish so far is 2 clowns, coral beauty and a lawnmower blenny, a lot of snails and hermits for cuc. I’m looking at having a mixed reef being mainly LPS dominant but want to add some SPS eventually, hopefully in the next couple weeks I will be adding a few corals.
I'm hoping to run this setup as simple as possible if I can, but time will tell as it matures I guess.

Tank: CADE Pro Reef 600 S2
Sump: CADE sump included
Stand: CADE Aluminium/ glass stand included
Lid: OEM CADE lid
Lights: Ecotech Marine Radion XR15 G5 Blue
Wavemaker: AI Nero 3, Nero 5 coming soon
Return Pump: Ecotech Vectra S2
Skimmer: Mantis Tornado 150
ATO: Built-in gravity ATO
Live Rock: Marco
Heating: Aqua one 200W, Reef Factory Thermo View
Dosing Pump: N/A
Salt: Quantum Reef Essentials Mixed Macro
RO/DI: Aquatic Life RO Classic 4 Stage
Bio Media: Poly Lab Genesis Rock
Reactor: N/A

3FC5F5F3-9EC8-42BD-A03E-B2F58EADCA72.jpeg
Hi Shadyraro:

I just ordered a 600 S2. Loved your build thread. How did you like using the Vectra S2 as a system pump? Was it quiet and enough flow? Any issues with plumbing it to the Cade spec pipe? I am also looking at the octopus Varios 4.

OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Shadyraro:

I just ordered a 600 S2. Loved your build thread. How did you like using the Vectra S2 as a system pump? Was it quiet and enough flow? Any issues with plumbing it to the Cade spec pipe? I am also looking at the octopus Varios 4.
Hey there!
The S2 is a great pump, it’s really quiet and I only ran it at 50%. I used the Vectra barb kit which came with a 3/4” fitting, the Cade return hose has a 1” fitting so I ended up cutting one end off the Cade hose and clamped it to the barb.
I never had any issues doing this and the pump and system ran fine.
I’m not familiar with the various pump but probably check the outlet size to try and match the Cade hose size.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey thanks!
Yeah I upgraded to the 900 but my 600 was a great cube, there’s heaps of inspiration to be found on here!
What tank do u have?
as of right now a 40B, but sometime this summer i plan to be upgraded/switched to a 60g cube (2ft aqueon)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back