cade reef 500 s2 Equipment

  • Thread starter Thread starter redcobra04
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

redcobra04

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
5
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

I was lucky enough to win the Cade 500 s2 aquarium from the annual toy drive donation/raffle and will be upgrading my Biocibe 32. (Plug for participating in that during the holidays as the money goes to a great cause and you can win awesome prizes).

Well now I’m finally trying to put together an equipment list to get it setup. I already have the heater, AI hydra 32, Nero 5, and now need some other equipment.

Would a sicce 2.0 be a decent return pump for that tank? Also, what about the best skimmer for that size tank (For those that don’t know the specs it has a 30 gallon display and about a 8 gallon sump)?

Thanks!
 
The sicce 2.0 would be a good sized pump for this size tank. More than 10x turnover which is good.

I never used a skimmer for that sized tank so cant put any input on that.

You also mentioned you have a heater, I would recommend getting a pair of heater with a controller for any tank of this size or larger so you have some insurance for a piece of equipment that is often the most prone to go out.
 
The return pump I would go with is the Sicce SDC 3.0, which is a WiFi/DC pump that you can control the flow through. It will be more than enough for this tank - which means you'll be running the pump at only 35-50% (so it will have a much lower electrical draw than the Sicce 2.0). The SDC 3.0 is also slightly smaller than the 2.0.

In terms of the skimmer chamber, you have 10.2" x 10.75" of space to work with. The skimmer that I'd go with would be the Ultra Reef UKB-120 (5.91" x 7.87") - $325.50 USD. Probably one of if not the best protein skimmers out there right now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new