Cade S2 900 Concerns

mbressler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. im looking to upgrade soon to a cade s2 900 but i have some concerns im hoping someone can help with. The spot i had picked out is in an alcove where there would only be 3/4th of an inch of space on either side of the cabinet. With the cabinet being so close to the wall, my concern is that i wont have enough room to access the power management compartment which is all the way on the right side behind a hinged door. I was wondering if anyone else has a similar set up and knew of a work-a-round that allowed them to use the built in power management switches etc. i was thinking maybe there is a way to flip around that inner board and have the switches on the inside of the middle compartment? ill take any and all ideas! i really want to get a cade system, but if my sump compartment doesnt allow me to get into the power management and outlets then i may have no other choice than to go with a red sea... PLEASE HELP! thanks in advance

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you wish to flip it around, you will have to redo all the plumbing which does not seem like the best solution. That would be your only work around which would require a fair bit of DIY. You would have to remove the middle compartment as well as you would have to move the sump. By doing so you will affect the stability of the cabinet. Consider that.

I have personally removed the powerboard all together to make room for a larger sump taking over the full cabinet space.

Personally, I would consider a different solution. The Cade tanks are amazing, but it doesn't sound like they quite fit the space you have in mind.

You can check out my build thread for the modifications I have done.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my cabinet modification on a 1200. I removed the divider between the old sump and the cabinet and cut it to accomodate my new sump.

I put the remaining back in as it is a part of the stability of the cabinet.

1000002158.jpg

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's better options than Red Sea if you are willing to spend the cash on a Cade!
Waterbox, Innovative Marine, and a lesser known company Neptunian Cube.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's better options than Red Sea if you are willing to spend the cash on a Cade!
Waterbox, Innovative Marine, and a lesser known company Neptunian Cube.
I have never seen the Neptunian Cube tanks before - instant love from my side! Shame these are not an option for the European market, we're looking into adding a 6 foot peninsula to the collection! :star-struck:

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen the Neptunian Cube tanks before - instant love from my side! Shame these are not an option for the European market, we're looking into adding a 6 foot peninsula to the collection! :star-struck:
I know one of the partners, he's local to me and owner of one of our biggest LFS. Might be worth shooting him a quick message just to double check. Anise Jamal, owner of That Aquarium Place. Might not be available in your neck of the woods but I did think they were available in places other than the USA. They are imported from overseas.

OP
OP
mbressler

mbressler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my cabinet modification on a 1200. I removed the divider between the old sump and the cabinet and cut it to accomodate my new sump.

I put the remaining back in as it is a part of the stability of the cabinet.

1000002158.jpg
THanks for the input and advice, i appreciate it. Question: is the only thing located in that cade right side door the on/off switches to the outlets? If so is it reasonable to just have the outlet's always in the "on" position? Most of my equipment has controllers, so what am i missing as a downside of just having those switches always be on?

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THanks for the input and advice, i appreciate it. Question: is the only thing located in that cade right side door the on/off switches to the outlets? If so is it reasonable to just have the outlet's always in the "on" position? Most of my equipment has controllers, so what am i missing as a downside of just having those switches always be on?
I've seen someone else in the same situation who just removed the right hand side door permanently, you couldn't even notice it had no door as it was against a wall.

ravila101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know one of the partners, he's local to me and owner of one of our biggest LFS. Might be worth shooting him a quick message just to double check. Anise Jamal, owner of That Aquarium Place. Might not be available in your neck of the woods but I did think they were available in places other than the USA. They are imported from overseas.
I live by that fish store! I actually got a Neptunian cube from that place , a lady bought from the aquarium place and then I was gifted the tank!! Now it’s a macro algae tank !

erichatesmice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that switch board is one of the main reasons to spend all that money on a Cade and the way I am envisioning your setup, you won't be able to use that little cubby at all. I don't think you could flip the board around and have the switches pointed inward because the power strip and the plugs in the back will extend past the cabinet itself. I would personally recommend picking another tank that you can use 100%.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back