CADE sumps

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to purchase either the 1800 Cade reef S2 or the 2100 S2. I have a long tentacled anemone and 2 clown fish that I am wondering if they would do well in the sump of either of these two tanks. They have been in a 65 gallon tank for over 10 years. I would like to get rid of that tank. But do not want to part with them. I already have the inhabitants for the new tank, including a pair of clowns, in a large tank I am getting rid of and updating to a newer tank.

Any Cade owners have opinions on whether they would do well in the Cade sump?
Thanks, Shelley

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any pictures to help with your answer? :)

OP
OP
code4

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I am looking into buying the cade tank. But would like to know ahead if I can put the clowns and anemone in the sump first. I am wanting to consolidate from a 65 gallon Red Sea and 140 gallon fish only tank into one larger tank. I do not want to trust putting 2 pairs of clowns in the same display. And I don't want the anemone eating my angels.

Reef-N-Stein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean either of those sumps have enough room to house a couple anemones and a clownfish pair. It’s all going to depend where you have equipment and your set up. Also the water isnt crazy deep or anything. Like 8.5” or so. But you def can do what you’re asking. Won’t be the same as your 65 by any means.

OP
OP
code4

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean either of those sumps have enough room to house a couple anemones and a clownfish pair. It’s all going to depend where you have equipment and your set up. Also the water isnt crazy deep or anything. Like 8.5” or so. But you def can do what you’re asking. Won’t be the same as your 65 by any means.
The depth is a concern. My husband really wants me to down size the number of tanks I have.

Thank you for your reply.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Cade 180 and indeed the center section would do you well for that need, with the right light of course.

Will send a pic when I get to the iPad, but I have a LARGE chamber that has been cut into 2 for chaeto and rocks and a Mangrove nursery, so you should be gold.

Its a great stand by the way

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.2%
Back