CADE Tank New Build

PreziosoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ready to pull the trigger on a CADE Reef 1500 S2.

Do Cade tanks ever go on sale? I don’t want their package deals as it doesn’t fit exactly what I want in my build.
Looking at a total of $15k for this build so every little penny I can pinch will help.

TIA

OP
OP
P

PreziosoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The package deals are fairly common, but I haven’t necessarily seen any big sales outside of those.

None of the package deals hold any appeal?
Sadly No.... I want the new Kessil A500 lights, Sicce return pumps, and EcoTech MP40's. I wish one of their package deals was customizable, but its not plausible.

May have to jump down over to a Waterbox instead. UGH

Upvote 0

Huskervu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping situation aside (I’ve been having some issues but they are making it right algaebarn ships all no matter where u order), I was the same as you as I wanted specific components. I was able to work with a local LFS to get solid pricing on the Cade and all of my additional new build components. Maybe check with a LFS.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
P

PreziosoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a look at them but couldn't figure out what the potential savings of each bundle is.
So here is there bundle pricing which seems absolutely ridiculous. This doesnt make sense at this point.

The tank is $5,125. I add the Kessilelite code in the cart and it takes the tank down to $1,927 however, it adds $9,315 for the Kessil Package and $735. for the Tank Starter kit. For a Grand F**** total of $11,977.

Here is everything I get in the package:
Sicce Syncra SDC 7
DOS dosing pump
Trident + ApexEL Bundle
2 Ap9X Display Light
GREAT WHITE SKIMMER DC PLUS GW 7
3 Sicce Xstream SDC Powerheads
360x Fuge Light
Light Mounting Arm
Large Refugium Pack Gift Card
1 Year Pod/Phyto Subscription Two Combos + 3 Jars
Substrate Sauce (1 Bottle)
$300 Captive Bred Fish Credit
$300 Aquacultured Coral Credit
Rock / Sand / Salt / Bacteriam (There tank starter kit)

yea.. the more I go further down the rabbit hole.. love their tank design, but not their packages. How is all that above worth $10k ? ?

Upvote 0

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don't see it, either. I'd price out just the tank and use BRS to price out all the other lighting and equipment. Rocks and sand you can get anywhere, and you don't need a lot of the other crap like refugium lights, etc.

Upvote 0

Reefer_Larry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along here as well. I have heard nothing but positives about the Cade's tank and stand structural integrity and aesthetics. I plan on buying a Cade 1500 S2 from algae barn without any of Algae Barn's extra add-on bundles. I plan to have an SPS dominated tank, so I am thinking about going with 4 Radion XR15 G5 PRO's inside a hybrid T5 setup for maximum level par coverage. Also, after speaking with an algae barn service rep last week, he mentioned i would have to cut away the sump's back partition divider to make room for the Clarisea fleece filter which i much prefer over the pre-filters that comes with the setup. Unfortunately, I was told from Algae Barn rep that Cade will not customize their sump for you. Anyway, i hope to be placing the Cade order with algae barn in the next 3-4 few weeks. Really looking forward to it.

Upvote 0

Reefer_Larry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ready to pull the trigger on a CADE Reef 1500 S2.

Do Cade tanks ever go on sale? I don’t want their package deals as it doesn’t fit exactly what I want in my build.
Looking at a total of $15k for this build so every little penny I can pinch will help.

TIA
Someone mentioned in a forum they saw a Cade sale from algae barn on Black Friday, last year. But I don't think i can wait until November, lol. Agree with you totally on their package deals. Just order your own add-on equipment elsewhere.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back