I heard if you’re a local they treat you better lol

I had no issue with customer service from them. They replied timely :/

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered that same skimmer a couple days before Black Friday. It shipped within a couple days. As far as the skimmer, I really like it. Took awhile to break in but it’s been running great since then.

BoSalman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got their artisan 100g tank/stand/sump minus the equipment.

Quality of products does seem decent.

Customer service? October 2018 to date and i'm yet to recieve an update from them regarding spare parts!

Good luck on your purchase.

McGene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same skimmer and really love the design. However, the pump is pure crap. I've had to replace it 2x in less than a year. I don't know what other pumps a can use with this skimmer -- so, I keep going back to CAD for a new pump. I'm beginning to get frustrated and perhaps forced to toss this skimmer and find another option. Sadly, most of the options I considered before purchasing this skimmer were not to my liking. We'll see.

ryandarrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a not so great transaction with CAD Lights also that I figured I pass on to maybe save someone the time/frustration...

June 2019 - Visited the CAD Lights showroom and Eric offered a good (cash) price for an Artisan 96 Gallon reef aquarium package (with a stand, sump, glass cover solution, heater, return pump, filter sock w/mount, and even threw in a refugium LED light). He also promised a protein skimmer that was currently out of stock, stating that he would ship it to my door when it comes back in stock (in the next few days). When I got home I noticed that the CADLights site also advertised that an automatic top off (ATO) reservoir was supposed to be part of the package that I purchased. I emailed Eric a couple days later with my delivery address and asked for an update as to when I could expect the skimmer and also asked if he would include the ATO in the shipment. He responded within a couple days stating that the skimmer was not available to be sent out but would be in the next few days. A few weeks passed and I did not receive the skimmer or ATO so I sent another email to Eric requesting an update, I even offered to make the hour+ drive to pick the items up so he could save the cost of shipping them to me. He did not respond. A few more weeks passed and I still did not receive the skimmer, ATO or any response from Eric so I send another few emails politely following up and requesting an estimated delivery date. I receive no more responses from Eric or anyone else at CAD Lights. At that point I called and left voice mails that also went unanswered. Here we are three moths later (September 2019) and this beautiful aquarium is still sitting empty in my living room because I never received the parts that were promised. It is a shame because I really like the tank but Eric/CADLights did not follow through with what was promised.

IMG_4539.jpg

McGene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I monkeyed around with the skimmer pump and got it to working without sounding like a buzz saw. My major concern is when it finally breaks beyond repair -- where can I get a replacement. CADLights is just terrible when it comes to customer service. How they stay in business is beyond me.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 138 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back