CADlights? Your Experience?

Brian Goldstein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone-

I recently ordered a skimmer from CADlights. My payment was approved immediately, but I've yet to receive any shipping conformation or tracking. It's been 5 days since the order was approved. I've emailed and called CADlights numerous times (left them a voicemail too) and still have not received a response. Starting to get worried.

Is this normal? What are you experiences with this company?

Thanks,

Brian

iTzJu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was a few years ago, but I ordered a replacement skimmer cup lid and it took them 3 weeks to ship it out and this was after a few unanswered emails and calls. Gave them the benefit of the doubt at the time since they said they were away at a show or something when they did finally reach out but I've notice they use the excuse a lot with other issues people have had.

OP
OP
Brian Goldstein

Brian Goldstein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was a few years ago, but I ordered a replacement skimmer cup lid and it took them 3 weeks to ship it out and this was after a few unanswered emails and calls. Gave them the benefit of the doubt at the time since they said they were away at a show or something when they did finally reach out but I've notice they use the excuse a lot with other issues people have had.

Thanks for the reply. I have noticed a lot of complaints on forums that describe that same type of thing. I guess I will give it a couple more days to hear back.

Thanks again,

Brian

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CAD lights is notorious for bad customer service but their products are decent. I have a tank from them, which has been great. I recently upgraded though to a waterbox.

OP
OP
Brian Goldstein

Brian Goldstein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CAD lights is notorious for bad customer service but their products are decent. I have a tank from them, which has been great. I recently upgraded though to a waterbox.

THanks, good to know =/ Honestly, how difficult or time consuming can it be to return a phone call or an email? I just don't really think there's any excuse.

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tanks, somedays you get a email answered, some not. I got a whole setup from them 5 years ago now. For that amount of money, a two day reply or less. For just a skimmer, I'd do a COD if that is still even possible. I wasn't treated poorly, just shuffled because they had my money already.

OP
OP
Brian Goldstein

Brian Goldstein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't even remember the last time I saw COD lol.

The amount of money I spend should be irrelevant to the customer service received. Regardless, a $200 nano skimmer isn't cheap. What may be a "small" purchase now can very well translate to a very large purchase in the future. Any business owner with a little bit of common sense knows that.

DanInMichigan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for what it's worth. I asked them via email last Friday about a shipment that I still haven't received. I didn't receive a reply so I sent another this morning. I still haven't received a reply for that one either. I'll give it to mid day tomorrow and will probably call. (and in all likelihood get voicemail). My guess is that if they can't reply with good news, then they simply don't replay with anything. frustrating.

OP
OP
Brian Goldstein

Brian Goldstein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for what it's worth. I asked them via email last Friday about a shipment that I still haven't received. I didn't receive a reply so I sent another this morning. I still haven't received a reply for that one either. I'll give it to mid day tomorrow and will probably call. (and in all likelihood get voicemail). My guess is that if they can't reply with good news, then they simply don't replay with anything. frustrating.

well, at least I wont take it personal now lol

OP
OP
Brian Goldstein

Brian Goldstein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Btw, I've called them 3 separate times with no answer.

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call from a different number and act interested in a new tank, then, ohh my buddy turned me on to you and hasn't heard anything back about his order #blahblah. Fix them up with that, they will be calling you.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Call from a different number and act interested in a new tank, then, ohh my buddy turned me on to you and hasn't heard anything back about his order #blahblah. Fix them up with that, they will be calling you.
That's what I was thinking I'll bet they answer for an order.

OP
OP
Brian Goldstein

Brian Goldstein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How would they differentiate a customer service call from a sales call though? Unless they have some sort of “do not answer” list, which I doubt

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very selective on received calls. $0 compared to thousands. What do you have 10 minutes for. I take a call from my girl after the 3rd try, take a call for a paying job on the second ring, take a call for a free help me please from a friend when I have time, and make sure they have beer at least for payment of the free help. Makes a difference for sure. I'm not a disgruntled customer of them. I just played the game my way. You'd be embarrassed to know me if you witnessed haggling of mine at a car dealership. So many options though, even right down the road. Do you really want to "earn" my business?

OP
OP
Brian Goldstein

Brian Goldstein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well guys... here's the update.

USPS just pulled up to my door with the CADlights skimmer LOL -_- (the timing lol)

Would have been nice to have gotten shipping info and the opportunity to talk to someone from the company... but I am happy now :)

-Brian

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Completely normal for CAD and same has happened to me. If you don't follow up and demand shipment they literally will never send anything out at times.

OP
OP
Brian Goldstein

Brian Goldstein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say, I really like the build quality of the skimmer. For a nano, it has the look/feel of a full-sized skimmer It also came in perfect condition (which is never a guarantee when shipping) . However, I wish it came with the red tubing like advertised lol. The only thing I am worried about now is actually getting a hold of them if for any reason something were to break or malfunction lol.

IMG_5712.jpg

IMG_5711.jpg

IMG_5713.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back