Calcium and alk products

Alyssa46

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2022
Messages
14
Reaction score
42
Location
Lakewood Ranch
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having trouble balancing calcium and alk and unsure of what products work best. I’ve been using seachem with poor results. Also, I’m not sure I even understand how to use them properly. Is there an all in one product easy to understand and use that anyone recommends? Thanks in advance!
 
The brs two part and esv b-ionic would be my go to options. Tropic marin all for reef or carbocalcium would be another choice if you prefer an all in one or 2 in 1.
 
Seachem and Red Sea both have 2 parts that are not dosed equally which can confuse some people
 
Go and find Dr. Holmes-Farley's articles on 2 part supplementation. He has info, recipes, etc. It is a pretty comprehensive guide and a good place to get started.

You don't need to buy anybody's product to do this. Baking soda and calcium chloride are cheap and available.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new