Calcium Levels

Jessica_270

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have recently started a 180 build that was cycled in September 2020. Tank is doing great, however, my calcium stays high and I do not understand why or what I need to do different. I don’t even dose calcium but it stays 520-550. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked the calcium level of your saltwater that you add with a water change. If your calcium in your new water mixes up really high and there is nothing (or at least not much) consuming it then I don't see any reason it'd be lower. Also, I think that calcium being high isn't too much of an issue because if it gets too high then it will precipitate out. Mine regularly runs around 500 without any issues

OP
OP
Jessica_270

Jessica_270

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reef Crystals do run on high end. Thank you for helping to ease my mind!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But Reef Crystals does not have that high Ca levels.
While I agree that the chart that you normally see comparing different salts has calcium listed as 490 for Reef Crystals. I have regularly seen people list that theres has been well into the mid 500s. Do you use Reef Crystals and if so what is yours at? I have never checked mine but I guess I will now just because I'm curious

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back