OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yea strang this is after I removed the check valve i got a lot of bubbles in the bubble counter I am trying to slow them down. Whats a good number to put on this carbon doser?

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't believe the check valve was the problem I got it from Geo Reef.
Now I just gotta find a number to put the carbon doser on. I also changed out the line.
I am now using some line that came with my Kamora that also probably made a difference.

Attachments

• Check valve.jpg
    Check valve.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 37

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea strang this is after I removed the check valve i got a lot of bubbles in the bubble counter I am trying to slow them down. Whats a good number to put on this carbon doser?
I run mine where it releases bubbles every 8 seconds or so. I try to tune it so the apex doesn't turn it on and off all the time (my apex turns mine off and on 3-4 times a day). As your demands increase you will have to increase the frequency of the bubble release or the amount/size of bubbles. Also I would look into getting another check valve:)

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe the check valve was the problem I got it from Geo Reef.
Now I just gotta find a number to put the carbon doser on. I also changed out the line.
I am now using some line that came with my Kamora that also probably made a difference.
make sure the line will handle the CO2, CO2 will eat up some types tubing over time.

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I run mine where it releases bubbles every 8 seconds or so. I try to tune it so the apex doesn't turn it on and off all the time (my apex turns mine off and on 3-4 times a day). As your demands increase you will have to increase the frequency of the bubble release or the amount/size of bubbles. Also I would look into getting another check valve:)
So putit on the number 8? I really wanna say thanks for all of your help it was your idea that is leading me to success and saying don't give up on it just yet.

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am going to order some Co2 line just to be safe. I would rather order line than another doser. I paid 450 for the CR618 with the doser all together. I thought it was a steal/.

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have a high demand tank yet but i run Brightwell Lazarus mixed with ARM caribsea, around 6.7pH and flow rate of 30ml/m with a kamoer,, with bubble count at 8 and psi of 8ish.

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So putit on the number 8? I really wanna say thanks for all of your help it was your idea that is leading me to success and saying don't give up on it just yet.
You are welcome!!! I would start there and once the reactor settles in let the tank drive your setting

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a check valve you can buy ‘designed’ to work with the carbon doser.

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have said it once before this is the best community for a confused and baffled reefer. I guess I should probably pay attention to this chemistry class since the reactor seems to be working now. I have a nice slow drip kamora is set to 15ml/min carbon doser is on 8 all is well.

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, I found out there was something definitely wrong with the used Carbon Doser. I ended up purchasing a new one and it arrived at my office a few minutes ago. The used one I purchased will not allow the regulating of the Co2 it's either all or nothing. No matter what number I selected on the dial I saw so many bubbles in the bubble counter that I could not count they were coming out so fast. The only way I could somewhat regulate the Co2 was to lower the psi to 1.5 and that seemed like it was still too much I had to stop my Kamora because in so little time it dropped the pH in the reactor chamber whereas I had not dosed in Ca or alk like I normally do by the time that doser was finished i was good to go on calcium and alk so I turned it all off until i can connect my new regulator. My calcium is once again great and so is dkh but had it not been a tad low I would have overshot it. My dkh was 8.3 I like it at 8.5 and my Ca was at 390 and I try to keep it at 420. I did not mind the dip because I wanted to see this reactor at work well it did but I have to drain the water in the reactor now because the Ph is 6.28 and it probably gonna be goo by the time I get home lol. But at least you guys @DC Reefer helped me find the problem. I wonder if I can have this used one fixed. It does not even look the same
the number is different.

Attachments

• Carbon Doser.jpg
    Carbon Doser.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 38

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back