Calling On Tropic Marine For Help!!!

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird time to pop in and dunk on people.
If this is you feeling, ok, but it was not my intention. It where just questions, no aggression intented. So, please do not imputate on me. Obviously a language problem but it doesn't help much if I answer in German.

I just felt I had to correct a wrong statement, and it is a wrong statement.

It is my feeling that it doesn't help much to discuss the discussion, please keep discussing the facts.

Please just ignore it if you don't like my wording or style.

Last edited:

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is you feeling, ok, but it was not my intention. It where just questions, no aggression intented. So, please do not imputate on me. Obviously a language problem but it doesn't help much if I answer in German.

I just felt I had to correct a wrong statement, and it is a wrong statement.

It is my feeling that it doesn't help much to discuss the discussion, please keep discussing the facts.

Please just ignore it if you don't like my wording or style.

It was a condescending comment in any language. You even made a 2nd post to actually direct them to the correct answers afterward.

But since I have your ear perhaps you can answer a very important and relevant question. If all materials and QC and supervision is the same between Turkey and Germany and you have not determined the cause of contamination yet, how can I be sure German produced salt is safe?

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I mentioned, if you have that feeling, it is ok, but please don't discuss it. I made a second posting because it came to my mind later. Look at the time points the postings were made.

I am sure our salt is safe since I use it every day in reef tanks, we have a lot of customers, public aquariums etc., that use it every day. So, how can I be sure?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"If you feel that way keep it to yourself" is about the worst response I can think of from a company rep. Whatever Hans.

"I'm sure it's safe" isnt all that reassuring anymore given you also minimized this issue at the start of all of this.

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"If you feel that way keep it to yourself" is about the worst response I can think of from a company rep.
Thank you very much for the instructions.

I am sure this is not the level of discussion anyone wants to read.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct. People are begging for more clarity on multiple issues relating to this, but official answers have been largely absent.

PigFarmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corporate bull loosing mass custys anyway the pie is sliced... even goes as far to tell ya what to discuss and what not too for icing on the cake. Pathetic. Everyday corporate politics on full diaplay. You can't belive a word they claim at this point.... I'll never buy another TM product again! The only pull the end users will have in it is what we spend our $ on from here on out..

Last edited by a moderator:

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The Office Reaction GIF

Where the fan boys at??

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I mentioned, if you have that feeling, it is ok, but please don't discuss it. I made a second posting because it came to my mind later. Look at the time points the postings were made.

I am sure our salt is safe since I use it every day in reef tanks, we have a lot of customers, public aquariums etc., that use it every day. So, how can I be sure?
Right… and that’s the exact same thing you said before you admitted thee was even a problem. It took customers making enough a stink for you to even look into it.
Honestly you are making your whole company look like trash with these responses.
hope y’all have a retirement plan cause TM is falling very hard

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corporate bull loosing mass custys anyway the pie is sliced... even goes as far to tell ya what to discuss and what not too for icing on the cake. Pathetic. Everyday corporate politics on full diaplay. You can't belive a word they claim at this point.... I'll never buy another TM product again! The only pull the end users will have in it is what we spend our $ on from here on out..
Im right there with you. Never Again.

Last edited by a moderator:

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey, just a word that we should all focus on the forward resolution because of this thread gets heated/personal it will be shut down
And, we lost focus on a really good question from @Cell

If all materials and QC and supervision is the same between Turkey and Germany and you have not determined the cause of contamination yet, how can I be sure German produced salt is safe?

I have that same question and also why we only think this applies to Reef Pro vs the other types of salt. Is it just because that is where the complaints are?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No offence Hans but you guys were sure there was no issue up until recently so that really means nothing to most people on here. Also if you are going to try and defend tm maybe do it by addressing problems not telling people not to discus it. Doesn’t help doing more damage to the brand and losing more trust.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For everyone who says they'll never buy TM again because the salt caused issues, find one salt that hasn't had issues and killed a tank or two...I'll wait...maybe ESV salt? Not sure I recall seeing their name.

For those not wanting to support TM because of Hans, that's understandable. His responses come across as blunt and harsh. Most people see them as rude and condescending. That's their right. I'd suspect most have never dealt directly with a German. There's a reason their language always sounds angry lol...their English is usually blunt and harsh as well. We (English speakers/Americans) see it as rude in our culture.

Not defending Hans here. I've just had the opportunity to deal directly with some of these German companies and it definitely caught me off guard early on hearing them speak the way they do.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reminder that you’re welcome to be angry, to debate, to disagree but you’re not welcome to belittle someone, use profanity or bully someone no matter what. Do not get personal. Thank you.

PigFarmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For everyone who says they'll never buy TM again because the salt caused issues, find one salt that hasn't had issues and killed a tank or two...I'll wait...maybe ESV salt? Not sure I recall seeing their name.

For those not wanting to support TM because of Hans, that's understandable. His responses come across as blunt and harsh. Most people see them as rude and condescending. That's their right. I'd suspect most have never dealt directly with a German. There's a reason their language always sounds angry lol...their English is usually blunt and harsh as well. We (English speakers/Americans) see it as rude in our culture.

Not defending Hans here. I've just had the opportunity to deal directly with some of these German companies and it definitely caught me off guard early on hearing them speak the way they do.
The kicker is paying double for a salt from a company that we thought we could trust.... turns out they are all the same! SO, why continue to pay double?

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The kicker is paying double for a salt from a company that we thought we could trust.... turns out they are all the same! SO, why continue to pay double?

Has Ferrari never had a recall or issue? Since they have, does that mean their quality is the same as Kia?

OR, does it mean that even with the best materials and QC processes, things can still get through?

It happens. It sucks.

I have no dog in this fight. I use ESV salt. I have some TM salt here that I'll use in time but ESV has been my main salt for almost 12 years now.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am a scientist and have had German supervisors, I appreciate the no BS, straightforward bluntness. But when someone says something you know is false and you go and ask them a series of questions you know they do not know the answer to with the purpose of proving how little they know, that is condescending/mocking. It is not a language or culture thing. This specific instance was a great opportunity to teach and inform the community, unfortunately he spent more time rebutting my complaints about the approach instead. Its a disappointing exchange to say the least.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The real kicker is that he popped in to address that largely irrelevant question directly yet the more pressing and important questions remain unanswered and quite frankly, unacknowledged.

PigFarmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has Ferrari never had a recall or issue? Since they have, does that mean their quality is the same as Kia?

OR, does it mean that even with the best materials and QC processes, things can still get through?

It happens. It sucks.

I have no dog in this fight. I use ESV salt. I have some TM salt here that I'll use in time but ESV has been my main salt for almost 12 years now.
I did get thru it. Returned my 5 buckets

It happens. It sucks.

It happens. It sucks.

A Ferrari lays stripe, a Kia barely gets the kids to school lol. I'll keep my mouth shut and vote with my future purchases as it is truely my only pull in this. Words here are pointless. That ESV maybe the direction I go!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back