Calmwaters First Saltwater Build

Not the tank but still very important! I added a comfy chair for viewing enjoyment. I have a small table in storage to put beside it to put my coffee or other drink on.
20240302_101538.jpg
 
Not the tank but still very important! I added a comfy chair for viewing enjoyment. I have a small table in storage to put beside it to put my coffee or other drink on.
20240302_101538.jpg
Just a suggestion, you need a mini fridge next to it so you don’t have to interrupt your viewing pleasure by having to go to the kitchen for an adult beverage.
 
Just a suggestion, you need a mini fridge next to it so you don’t have to interrupt your viewing pleasure by having to go to the kitchen for an adult beverage.
Great idea!
 
How is your leather looking after popping it off the rock?
It's not looking good it's stem is shrunken and it gotten darker... I think I may have killed it...
 
Is there still room for my coral rock in there?
 
That's the plan I hope it recovers.
If it is not attached to anything, get a small plastic container and fill it with rock rubble. Set the leather in there and place in a low flow area. In about a week it will attach to one of the pieces of rock and take it out and glue it where you want it. I did this exact with my sinularia.
 
Is there still room for my coral rock in there?
Of course! I even moved everything back a tad and did a little rearranging to make more room for coral islands today.
 
If it is not attached to anything, get a small plastic container and fill it with rock rubble. Set the leather in there and place in a low flow area. In about a week it will attach to one of the pieces of rock and take it out and glue it where you want it. I did this exact with my sinularia.
So set it in a container inside the tank?
 
So set it in a container inside the tank?
Yes. On the sand bed. I got my sinularia for free from my lfs rubber banded to a plug and it came off twice. I stuck a toothpick threw they base and rubber banded the toothpick, it came off. Then I remembered over a decade ago I did this with detached mushrooms.
D535E34C-3712-414E-8734-1A29BF8444CD.jpeg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new