Calmwaters First Saltwater Build

It's moving...
20240312_180150.jpg
 
My LFS is ordering me a tank raised Aiptasia Eating Filefish today and it will be here tomorrow. Hopefully it will eat the hydroids or Aiptasia which ever it is since I'm still not 100% sure yet.
 
My LFS is ordering me a tank raised Aiptasia Eating Filefish today and it will be here tomorrow. Hopefully it will eat the hydroids or Aiptasia which ever it is since I'm still not 100% sure yet.
Just curious, what's that running you?
 
$59 and I'm also having him order 6 red banded Tropheus for $3.99 each.
That's decent. I almost went and bought a Filefish and some Peppermints yesterday. I think the Filefish is $69 but Petco gets them between $25-$40 when they have them.
 
That's decent. I almost went and bought a Filefish and some Peppermints yesterday. I think the Filefish is $69 but Petco gets them between $25-$40 when they have them.
I now have 4 Peppermint Shrimp I think they are funny too watch the way they sway back and forth.
 
Last edited:
Picked up my new Aiptasia Eating Filefish and 6 red banded trochus snails today. They all seem to be settling in and he's been picking at various places on the glass he's very tiny right now at about an inch and its near watching him change colors as he goes to different areas in the tank. I will post videos or pictures later today.
 
Can you guys see the fuzzy?
20240314_174308.jpg
scrub them in a bowl of tank water ,outside of tank ,dip rinse also bowl tank water ,then put back... ;) :)
 
Picked up my new Aiptasia Eating Filefish and 6 red banded trochus snails today. They all seem to be settling in and he's been picking at various places on the glass he's very tiny right now at about an inch and its near watching him change colors as he goes to different areas in the tank. I will post videos or pictures later today.

Omg, you got him! I just saw your YouTube video - he is sooo cute. I am hoping to get the one at LFS soon.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new