Calmwaters First Saltwater Build

Lol. Just yes.
I love the hairy mushroom coral because of the colors the fish all have different enduring qualities so I can't choose a favorite.
 
Does the having two feet mean it's going to split? Tanks just waking up so it's polyps aren't fully extended.
20240316_061221.jpg
looking good
 
Guys I feel like an idiot and an awful fish mom! I read that I could dose the tank with peroxide to help with the algea on several sites including r2r and since I have often dosed freshwater with it for black brush algea I felt safe using it. I tried it last night with just a partial dose and it killed my Peppermint shrimp and I think also the 4 corals I had in the tank. I didn't even dose at full strength. The fish all seem to be fine but I haven't seen my hermits or snails yet and my Pincushion hasn't moved but could just be sleeping still. I am heart broken and just sick about this! I don't even know what to do now... should I do a water change to make sure there is no peroxide left or add carbon to my sump or both...

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
 
Guys I feel like an idiot and an awful fish mom! I read that I could dose the tank with peroxide to help with the algea on several sites including r2r and since I have often dosed freshwater with it for black brush algea I felt safe using it. I tried it last night with just a partial dose and it killed my Peppermint shrimp and I think also the 4 corals I had in the tank. I didn't even dose at full strength. The fish all seem to be fine but I haven't seen my hermits or snails yet and my Pincushion hasn't moved but could just be sleeping still. I am heart broken and just sick about this! I don't even know what to do now... should I do a water change to make sure there is no peroxide left or add carbon to my sump or both...

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Amanda, Do a 75% water change as soon as u can, even just a few gallons before church.

I overdid peroxide too, but the corals weren’t in tank.

U are the best fish mom!
 
Amanda, Do a 75% water change as soon as u can, even just a few gallons before church.

I overdid peroxide too, but the corals weren’t in tank.

U are the best fish mom!
I don't feel like a good fish mom right now but thank you.
 
I think my husband figured out what I did wrong dummy me did the math wrong and I way over dosed... :loudly-crying-face:
Can you do a couple gallons before church; anything would help. I don’t know if a chemipure bag would help, but it sure couldn’t hurt.

If you had a temporary tank setup, I.d say move CuC and any corals you could if you can’t do major water change till tonight
 
Can you do a couple gallons before church; anything would help. I don’t know if a chemipure bag would help, but it sure couldn’t hurt.

If you had a temporary tank setup, I.d say move CuC and any corals you could if you can’t do major water change till tonight
Pretty sure all the cuc is dead they aren't moving at all. Did 15 gallons and I have more water mixing it's all I had in my barrel but I had 30 or so of RO water that I'm mixing.
 
Pretty sure all the cuc is dead they aren't moving at all. Did 15 gallons and I have more water mixing it's all I had in my barrel but I had 30 or so of RO water that I'm mixing.
Remove all for sure dead CUC then so water parameters don’t go up

I’m soo sorry for your loss Amanda. Church will be a good place to feel better and your son giving u a hug will wash the day away.
 
Oh wait two crabs are moving now that I turned in the lights so maybe they are ok. Maybe others will wake up soon. I don't think the snails made it...
Ok. Take all the CUC u can grab, put in bowl with fresh saltwater and within 10 minutes u will know who is alive.. if u have air stone, keep in there
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new