Camera Topdown box?

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered mine from Melevsreef.com on Feb 4 and after many promises I still don't have it. If I don't get a confirmation that it's been built and sent, then I have canceled it.

Where did you get yours? I may need to find another supplier for it. I have a Rebel XTi.

Tomasz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you find other place let me know as I am in the market too.

OP
OP
Spiderwoman

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im really surprised with that. Marc was great to deal with on multiple occasions.

Yeah, I'm surprised too. I know it's not a custom sump that costs an arm and a leg, but it's not a cheap topdown box either. If I had the skills, I'd built one myself. I can program anything you want, but I'm not acrylics person :)

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he has bent over backwards to help me out before, and just for a topdown box, never bought anything else from him. Maybe something came up outside of the hobby. I havent seen him post much of anything on RC lately, and he usually is constantly.

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was talking about driving out to see family in Arizona so he might be on a road trip at the moment

OP
OP
Spiderwoman

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In his last email from last week he said he was out of town and that he'd be back in town on Monday, build the box then and send it out on Tuesday. It's now Thu and I don't have a tracking number.

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read somewhere that Marc had emergency surgery, I think gall bladder in just the past few days. He was also traveling on some kind of extended trip. The combination of things has probably put your camera box on hold.
gary

OP
OP
Spiderwoman

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The item was ordered over 3 weeks ago. There was no mention on the site that the item wasn't in stock. I don't think I'm being unreasonable for expecting to get it in a timely manner? I've been promised twice during this time that it will be made and shipped.

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a matter you need to take up with Marc. I don't know the guy but have only heard positive things about his character and devotion to the hobby. All I can do is share what I know.
Gary

OP
OP
Spiderwoman

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just heard back from him and he has indeed been in the hospital since Monday and had an operation. He is going to finish the box this week.
I did order another one earlier today from the link I mentioned so now I'll have 2 and can see which one works the best for me and my setup. I'm sure I can get rid of the extra box later.

Tomasz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just heard back from him and he has indeed been in the hospital since Monday and had an operation. He is going to finish the box this week.
I did order another one earlier today from the link I mentioned so now I'll have 2 and can see which one works the best for me and my setup. I'm sure I can get rid of the extra box later.

Give us a review when you get them. Thanks.

Aloha Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Spiderwoman

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what melevsreef makes
topdown_side.jpg

This is the one that Scott at Aquarium Speciality sells
camera-box-002.jpg

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • Full frame

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • All of the above

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back