Can’t get my Beautiful new clownfish to eat

Jay007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I got 2 gorgeous Mocha Storm clowns 4 days ago. I have tried pellets... then mysis shrimp... then mysis shrimp soaked in garlic. And nothing is working (see attached video) They are eating tigger pods aggressively hunting them. I’ve been adding some directly in to tank so they at least go at something. Any ideas? See attached video of them eating and spitting out repeatedly :’(

Attachments

• 45D2929F-DB9C-445E-B37A-F87702FD0DBC.mov
    2.4 MB

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Frenzy (as mentioned above), also keep in mind that clowns are Omnivores and like greens in their diet as well, so I would try seaweed/nori to see if they start eating that way. I agree though it's still fairly early so they may just need a few days to adapt.

jeeperreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you could also try sustainable aquatics dry hatchery diet. clowns don't like being separated from a group and it takes a while for them to settle in. i bought a pair of orange storm clowns 6 months ago and had the same problem. would not eat anything until i tried the hatchery diet.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live brine shrimp from a local fish store mixed with some frozen brine or mysis will probably be irresistible! But, clowns are pretty hardy and not usually real picky eaters! So, they will come around...just watch that their stomachs don't start to look caved in.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back