Can’t reconnect to Apex Fusion

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m at my wit’s end trying to reconnect Fusion to my Apex. What I’ve already done:

Restarted Apex (several times)
Checked Netgear Extender wifi connection
(it’s connected to my WiFi but Apex still
not showing as connected)
Disconnected and reconnected apex to
Netgear extender
Checked internet connection at computer
(It’s fine, can’t connect to Fusion from there
either)

Help!!!!

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think so. Is that possible?

DHCP- It's a setting in your router that essentially assigns addresses to your network devices and may periodically change them. I don't know that it would create issues with Fusion, but it was necessary to assign the Apex a permanent IP address for remote access to the Classic Pages.

vic5hands

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DHCP- It's a setting in your router that essentially assigns addresses to your network devices and may periodically change them. I don't know that it would create issues with Fusion, but it was necessary to assign the Apex a permanent IP address for remote access to the Classic Pages.

Exactly

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I fix it?

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That may or may not be the problem. Does the display work? If so, take a look under the network settings and see what the IP address is. Copy that number down, which likely looks like "192.168.1.xx".

Type that into your browser and see if that brings up your Apex. The login and password for the classic pages defaults to Admin and 1234, but you can change that under the network settings on the display or the Classic pages if it connects.

Assuming you successfully bring up the Classic pages in your browser, the Apex is connected to your home network. If not, it's time to check your physical connections. I once spent a good bit of time chasing electronics and rebooting things before disconnecting my Apex and bringing it to my router to try a different Ethernet cable. It turned out that my Ethernet cable that was untouched and protected from getting stepped on or banged into had somehow failed without any obvious damage. Since the alternate cable worked, I ran out and got another long cable, plugged it in and haven't had an issue since.

How do I fix it?

That varies slightly by router. You have to login to your router. If using a non-Apple router, the IP address is typically "192.168.1.1". From there, go under LAN settings, then DHCP server. Near the bottom is where the option to enable manual assignment is. Enable it, then pick a device from the dropdown list of connected devices to lock it into that IP. Let's say the device isn't currently connected, such as your buddy's laptop. You can manually key in a device's MAC address. The MAC address is the electronic name of a device and is a series of 2 digit numbers seperated by colons.

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I’ll work on it and let you know how it goes.

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I ran into since I live in a rural area and my wifi can't reach the edges of my property, was that if you have an unsecured wifi network it won't connect

Goldenvue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also won’t connect to 5g I had to call cs to get help and have them do a remote fix.

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it's working
It’s not working yet. Lol. I was able to connect to Fusion no problem by running an Ethernet cable directly to the new router. But the wireless extender still doesn’t connect. I guess I’m going to have to reset it and start over.

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooo....the netgear extender is up and running and connected to the network. It’s also connected to the Apex....but Apex is still not connected to Fusion. I’m about to cry. :(

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you able to generate a token? On both my apex 2016's it was all down hill after I got connected

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back