Can’t upload pics

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you criteria for good is center-click spelling correction, then maybe Android is best for you :)

I own an IT consulting firm and have had to support both for decades. I would not dream of letting a customer deploy android mobile devices due to both the security concerns and the insanity of trying to support them. Its a free-for-all with everything on the device and every carrier.

I am okay with them refusing to unlock the device. I believe that the good outweighs the danger of giving government or a vendor a backdoor into private data, no matter what the reason. People and Government are not trustworthy and will (do) abuse such things to our detriment regularly.
I don't disagree and I very much agree with the last part.. so what's your opinion about windows? Seems very "spammy" to me, to many ads and popups always trying to upgrade something

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Test pic

IMG_8034.jpeg

Edit: it’s working on my iPhone with Safari.

Try clearing the caches and cookies on your browser.
catfish - nice

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have tried Safari and don't love it. All my work stuff is on Chrome so it makes it seemless to use on my computer and phone.
One can view the uploaded videos on R2R with chrome - not with safari - however, it's also spotty - so I just stick with safari.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't disagree and I very much agree with the last part.. so what's your opinion about windows? Seems very "spammy" to me, to many ads and popups always trying to upgrade something
Microsoft Windows is an absolute abomination... It is pure steaming horse dung and getting worse eery day. It is hard to use, settings scattered everywhere. Active Directory has become bloated and unusable with most settings missing. InTune and Azure AD are a mess. The UI is a mess. Etc.

Microsoft is insanely ham fisted and inept at almost everything they do. Their only success is copying others, and they don't do it well.

They repeat the same mistakes over and over and over, often doubling or tripling down.

They don't give a hoot about customers, home or business and really only worry about major enterprise, but not in the way you think.

Yet - as messed up as they are, they are poised to soon take over Apple (again) in overall valuation. They are an 800 pound gorilla that is the de facto business standard and simply large enough and smart enough to burry the competition by buying it, even of they mess up everything they buy.

Windows 7 was a very good OS BTW. Windows Server 2000 was a very good server. They were not bloated with crap and they were rock stable workhorses compared to the crap now. Windows server is still good, but that is a different subject.

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Microsoft Windows is an absolute abomination... It is pure steaming horse dung and getting worse eery day. It is hard to use, settings scattered everywhere. Active Directory has become bloated and unusable with most settings missing. InTune and Azure AD are a mess. The UI is a mess. Etc.

Microsoft is insanely ham fisted and inept at almost everything they do. Their only success is copying others, and they don't do it well.

They repeat the same mistakes over and over and over, often doubling or tripling down.

They don't give a hoot about customers, home or business and really only worry about major enterprise, but not in the way you think.

Yet - as messed up as they are, they are poised to soon take over Apple (again) in overall valuation. They are an 800 pound gorilla that is the de facto business standard and simply large enough and smart enough to burry the competition by buying it, even of they mess up everything they buy.

Windows 7 was a very good OS BTW. Windows Server 2000 was a very good server. They were not bloated with crap and they were rock stable workhorses compared to the crap now. Windows server is still good, but that is a different subject.
Linux? I forget which one I played with some years ago, seemed to have potential... never really became popular, what's holding them back?

Sesty22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People who hate on Android are the same people that call tech support when their printer runs out of ink :p.

Get a Google Pixel, Pure Android, better cameras than an iphone, all around better phone.

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People who hate on Android are the same people that call tech support when their printer runs out of ink :p.

Get a Google Pixel, Pure Android, better cameras than an iphone, all around better phone.
But its Google. If there ever was a company to not respect your privacy- its Google. Alexa is next. Ever notice that ads are exactly what you were talking(with phone in your pocket) about 20 minutes ago...

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Linux? I forget which one I played with some years ago, seemed to have potential... never really became popular, what's holding them back?
Linux is not a user friendly OS for anything or anybody that is not a complete geek.

MacOS just works. This coming from a 20 year Microsoft Partner and windows user since the Windows 1.0 demo.

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Linux is not a user friendly OS for anything or anybody that is not a complete geek.

MacOS just works. This coming from a 20 year Microsoft Partner and windows user since the Windows 1.0 demo.
Thanks bud. I know who to ask for technical insight..
Ps... I've been rummaging around your website lately. Put that with my experiences with you on here and I think I owe you a thank you(for you'r contributions to this hobby(and bacon)!! Be An Animal!!

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love or hate Apple, IOS just works - Android is a hot mess. No structure, no consistency, stuff everywhere, no security, bugs galore, different build for every model from every carrier. Great for people who like to constantly tinker with things, horrible for those who just want something that works and is easy to support.
Not to add to the derailment here but wait until you need to use accessibility tools (not wishing that on anyone btw)! I was a droid, pc dweeb my whole life. I often joked that Apple products were for finger painters. Still being somewhat new to vision loss I have switched to the dark side. Like you said, Apple just works. They’ve nailed accessibility. Especially as it’s seamless and intuitive from one device to another (phone, pad, Mac, watch, tv). Pick up any Apple device, enable whatever accessibility features you need and it’s exactly the same (for the most part, I’m having trouble learning all the keyboard shortcuts on Mac but the Trackpad works just like the gestures on the phone screen) across the entire platform. Droid has accessibility features but everything’s different from one model/brand to the next, from one app to the next, and while you can sync to other devices, every device (pc, tv, watch, etc) has different commands and menu structures along with each individual app within. It’s just a total nightmare. Upgrade your phone, you need to learn how to use it all over again as it for sure will not operate exactly like the old one. I can go to anyone else’s iPhone, have them enable voiceover and then I can instantly use it. I couldn’t even imagine trying on someone else’s droid…(Motorola, Samsung, Google, etc., not to mention carrier specific os….. every one operates a bit differently).

Edit. Oh and support! I ordered my first Mac, a mini, and I couldn’t even turn it on. Call up Apple accessibility department and they ask for my Apple ID, verify my phone number and ask for permission to FaceTime me. They walked me through everything to turn it on and connect to the Internet by telling me to move my phone left, right, up, down, move the mouse, click, etc., then ask if they can connect directly to my Mac and… bam…turned on my accessibility features and walked me through the basics. They even sent me how to use accessibility features videos. Try that with Dell…

Last edited:
OP
OP
rtparty

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Had multiple Play Edition, Nexus5 and 6 or whatever they were, Pixel 1-7, more Samsungs and LGs than I can remember, Pixel Watch, Samsung Galaxy watches, you name it. My wife still rocks the Samsung S22 Ultra.

Pixel is NOT Pure Android. It is Google’s Pixel skin on Android. The cameras used to be better for sure. Today? Not even close. I have a Pixel 7 right here. Took loads of tank pics with it. iPhone 15 Pro Max destroys it and the Pixel 8 didn’t do anything to improve and fix the issues. The Pixel 8 was the most Apple thing they’ve done. Should have been called the Pixel 7S lol

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I hate android and am willing to bet I have more tech experience from code and software design to electronics and systems architecture than most of the people here.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to add to the derailment here but wait until you need to use accessibility tools (not wishing that on anyone btw)! I was a droid, pc dweeb my whole life. I often joked that Apple products were for finger painters. Still being somewhat new to vision loss I have switched to the dark side. Like you said, Apple just works. They’ve nailed accessibility. Especially as it’s seamless and intuitive from one device to another (phone, pad, Mac, watch, tv). Pick up any Apple device, enable whatever accessibility features you need and it’s exactly the same (for the most part, I’m having trouble learning all the keyboard shortcuts on Mac but the Trackpad works just like the gestures on the phone screen) across the entire platform. Droid has accessibility features but everything’s different from one model/brand to the next, from one app to the next, and while you can sync to other devices, every device (pc, tv, watch, etc) has different commands and menu structures along with each individual app within. It’s just a total nightmare. Upgrade your phone, you need to learn how to use it all over again as it for sure will not operate exactly like the old one. I can go to anyone else’s iPhone, have them enable voiceover and then I can instantly use it. I couldn’t even imagine trying on someone else’s droid…(Motorola, Samsung, Google, etc., not to mention carrier specific os….. every one operates a bit differently).

Edit. Oh and support! I ordered my first Mac, a mini, and I couldn’t even turn it on. Call up Apple accessibility department and they ask for my Apple ID, verify my phone number and ask for permission to FaceTime me. They walked me through everything to turn it on and connect to the Internet by telling me to move my phone left, right, up, down, move the mouse, click, etc., then ask if they can connect directly to my Mac and… bam…turned on my accessibility features and walked me through the basics. They even sent me how to use accessibility features videos. Try that with Dell…
Exactly. Nice first hand account. I am glad it actually helps.

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apple lacks an enterprise platform. They make end user devices. Idk how you can compare to the other platforms mentioned (Microsoft, Linux)... Or how the conversation went this route :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes: but what the heck lol

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apple lacks an enterprise platform. They make end user devices. Idk how you can compare to the other platforms mentioned (Microsoft, Linux)... Or how the conversation went this route :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes: but what the heck lol
The context was desktop use.

The follow on point is that Windows desktop is utter trash for enterprise as well, but being that there is no alternative, it is the only viable option.

Enterprise desktops come with XBOX and a dozen other apps, weather, news and other live BS installed as part of the OS that Enterprise IT must fight constantly to not only image away for deployment, but then actively fight to keep off, as well as struggle to keep everything else locked down. Windows is NOT an enterprise OS, it is a monstrosity that is the only game in town.

Sesty22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had multiple Play Edition, Nexus5 and 6 or whatever they were, Pixel 1-7, more Samsungs and LGs than I can remember, Pixel Watch, Samsung Galaxy watches, you name it. My wife still rocks the Samsung S22 Ultra.

Pixel is NOT Pure Android. It is Google’s Pixel skin on Android. The cameras used to be better for sure. Today? Not even close. I have a Pixel 7 right here. Took loads of tank pics with it. iPhone 15 Pro Max destroys it and the Pixel 8 didn’t do anything to improve and fix the issues. The Pixel 8 was the most Apple thing they’ve done. Should have been called the Pixel 7S lol
Haters will always hate, no biggie. It's pure Android, but whatever :) I also use both phones, 1 for work and 1 is my personal phone, but I wasn't trying to start a ticking contest I was just making a joke, sorry! :) I'm glad you like your tank pictures better with your iphone, that sounds really cool my kid loves tanks.

Sesty22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate android and am willing to bet I have more tech experience from code and software design to electronics and systems architecture than most of the people here.
Thank you for replying to my response. :yawning-face:

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's pure Android, but whatever
Says the marketing - but not reality :)

BTW google does not care about providing you with a quality phone or experience. Google's only goal for ANY of their consumer products is to facilitate dependence and comfort with their ecosystem for the purposes of data collection and monetization, which is their core business.

As for my "hate" of Android - I can exactly articulate why I dislike the platform as it compares to others. It is not "blind" or "biased" hatred, it is fact based. Other people may not care about my criteria and have their own. Somebody above felt that the autocorrect was the "deal maker" between it and other platforms.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 160 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back