Can anyone ID this algae

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ok. What about the ones near my zoa?
Either carefully snip at the base or add a SMALL dab of gel superglue onto their heads and they will starve and wilt away. Gel type (from dollar store) wont run onto the zoa like regular super glue would

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either carefully snip at the base or add a SMALL dab of gel superglue onto their heads and they will starve and wilt away. Gel type (from dollar store) wont run onto the zoa like regular super glue would
Ok so what if the tank is super deep and I can't reach In without sacrificing sight? Lol. I'm very unlucky

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just took my conch out and scrubbed him down. I don't feed anything powdered just phytoplankton every other day so I'm sure they're loving that. I'm going to try to remove the Rock. What is the best method to remove them? I used a little brush on The Conch
Use a stiff bristled brush and some hydrogen peroxide. Edit to my reply: I meant F aiptasia, not aiptasia X. The stuff that coats and hardens over it...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ok so what if the tank is super deep and I can't reach In without sacrificing sight? Lol. I'm very unlucky
Yake the rock out and any remaining, again water flow towards them to prevent food from reaching them

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to say but you might just have to get rid if it if you dont want to deal with it

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is pest #8 and I'm about ready to give up. I'm getting really annoyed
This is common in this hobby. There is just so much biodiversity available (often not good in captive systems), and transfer is easily often not observed until later. I hate to break it to you, but dealing with unintended critters is part of the hobby for essentially everyone in it.

The main take-away I've come to realize is to not over-react to such things. Unless these hydroids are causing direct problems, it may be best to just leave them alone and see if they become a problem. This is not the remedy for all critters (some are known to almost always be invasive and destructive, such as Aiptasia anemones), but may be advisable in this case.

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is common in this hobby. There is just so much biodiversity available (often not good in captive systems), and transfer is easily often not observed until later. I hate to break it to you, but dealing with unintended critters is part of the hobby for essentially everyone in it.

The main take-away I've come to realize is to not over-react to such things. Unless these hydroids are causing direct problems, it may be best to just leave them alone and see if they become a problem. This is not the remedy for all critters (some are known to almost always be invasive and destructive, such as Aiptasia anemones), but may be advisable in this case.
I know I know... but I just want a month of not having to deal with something. I plan on leaving it alone. I don't care. I'll keep an eye on my zoa and hopefully this doesn't become a problem.

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

true

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back