Can anyone id this?

richarddeweerd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2020
Messages
203
Reaction score
349
Location
The Netherlands
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This started to grow spontaneously on my rocks. The rocks are not llive rock so I’m suspecting this came from a frag.

It looks like a soft coral to me but I have no idea what it is


20260817_194630_336CA704-8339-4ACC-AFD6-F119FCEF5366.png


20260817_194630_4D6325F8-AAF2-4933-A356-BB33A1676B08.png
 
Last edited:
its a bit hard to tell by the photos but seems to be some kind of kenya tree maybe?
 
This started to grow spontaneously on my rocks. The rocks are not llive rock so I’m suspecting this came from a frag.

It looks like a soft coral to me but I have no idea what it is


20260817_194630_336CA704-8339-4ACC-AFD6-F119FCEF5366.png


20260817_194630_4D6325F8-AAF2-4933-A356-BB33A1676B08.png
It could be Blue Sympodium - but it’s hard to say for sure.

#reefsquad any ideas?
 
Is there a way for you to get a picture under white light and clearer?
It looks like an encrusting leather, however, the pics aren't easily viewed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new